Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Friday Five

I could probably go back and answer ALL those questions on that Friday Five list, but I do need to get some work done at some point this week, so I'm just going to do last week's and then I'll continue on this week.
 
1) Who was your favorite band/musician when you were younger?
 
Hands-down, Madonna.
 
2) Why?
 
Like every teenager of the 80s and 90s, I thought that she was just about the coolest thing ever. I wanted to be her, dress like her, dance like her, look like her. One year for Halloween I was a punk rocker and I dressed up just like her! I had the bracelets and the socks and everything. And I LOVED her music.
 
3) Are they still your favorite/one of your favorites?
 
While I still really admire her and respect her for doing exactly what she wants when she wants to do it, I'm not really a fan of her recent stuff. Some of it, yes...I loved that song from Austin Powers and the remake of Miss American Pie, but some of her stuff is a little too eclectic for me. I'm pretty mainstream!
 
4) What is your favorite of their songs?
 
Oh, my....we don't have all day. Pretty much I love everything on The Immaculate Collection, but my favorite song of hers is Like A Prayer. I just love that song! And nope, the video didn't bother me a bit.
 
5) Are there any specific lyrics you hold dear?
 
I always liked this portion of Material Girl:
 
Boys may come and boys may go
And that's all right you see
Experience has made me rich
And now they're after me
 
Kind of one of those things...I wish I knew then what I knew now? I remember getting SO upset when I was younger over boys and if I had KNOWN then that there is a big ocean out there, I think I would have let myself enjoy my youth a lot more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home