Sunday, August 06, 2006

August is here already?!

I can't believe McKenna's nine months old already. Didn't I just birth that child like five minutes ago? Not much to report as of late for what she's doing other than the normal baby stuff...scooting, eating like crazy, sleeping, making lots of noises, and acting like a drama queen. I love every minute of it. Here's a current picture taken this weekend...the bib was a gift from my friend E visiting from Baltimore:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So let's see what else is going on. Can I use bullet points?
  • I am starting my supervisor training after Labor Day, so in the meantime all I have to do is find a power suit for my interview, actually DO the interview, and train a replacement for me on the fire team. It should be a boring month at work.
  • Nursing is officially over. I really dragged it out for the last month. Every time I would get close to totally weaning, I'd give in and make her nurse. But this time, I've managed to stick with it. I think I did it the morning of her surgery and maybe once more later that week and that's it, so I'm holding strong. And she's doing fine. I think she's glad...she sucks down her bottles much faster and it's allowing her to get back to playing faster. I miss it a LOT and I was really sad, but it was okay.
  • Cooking is still going great. I can't even remember now how many meals I've made since my last post, but I've made a lot of good stuff. Almost green curry chicken over coconut jasmine rice, carbonara pizza, chicken and dumplings in my slow cooker, barbecue roast beef also in my slow cooker (love that thing!), some casseroles, honey nut chicken sticks, and Alaska burgers. It's great. We're actually managing to stick with it this time, can you believe it!!!
  • I decided that it was time to accept the reality of my life and that getting to the gym at THIS point in time is just too difficult, so we're going to set up our treadmill and free weights in the newly cleaned garage and I'm going to try to start training again out there at night after McKenna goes to sleep. I really hope I can do it. I'm hoping that I can be successful again since I can work out at home. All I know is, I'm VERY tired of not wanting to shop for any clothes because I feel like a slob! And P's kind of hinting at starting to prepare my body for baby #2 in a few years, so...there you go!
  • We spent a lot of time this weekend shopping with my friend E who was here and enjoying the tax-free weekend...and I bought some clothes, two pairs of shoes, some clothes for McKenna, a new cookbook and some other stuff that I probably didn't need, but it was all good. I love shopping.
  • I'm actually getting back into stitching quite a bit again. SHOCK! However, I did decide that rotating is not going to work for me, at least for the time being. So I'm doing the old-fashioned rotation method...whatever is screaming the loudest. Right now, that's The Dreamer by Mirabilia.
  • Scrapbooking right now is sadly nonexistent. I'm just too busy and when I do have time to sit down for my hobbies, I want to stitch. I'm sure that'll reverse itself soon.
  • McKenna's ears are doing great for those that asked, although she did get an ear infection again almost immediately and had to get on antibiotics again. So far since then, it's been fine.
  • And last but not least, the party preparations for McKenna's baptism fiesta are well underway. We have a LONG guest list, a menu selected, a plan for getting the house ready and what to do with the animals, and I'm totally psyched! In fact, I'm going to work on invitations tonight!

So, I guess that's it for now! Hope everyone is doing fantabulous and enjoying the month of August so far. I'll try to be better about blogging this week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shalini said...

I'm glad everything's going well!
As for ear infections, Mehul got many of them his first year. We made sure that he slept on an elevation, drank milk on an elevation but he still got them. They have to outgrow it, really.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

She is getting so big!! I'm totally digging her hair though! I can not wait to meet her in person. Just 2 weeks now. YIPPPEEE!!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home