Sunday, February 24, 2008

Garlic bread

If you keep fresh Parmesan in your fridge, this is a pretty easy no-nonsense bread to have with dinner. I just popped it in after lunch the other day and it baked while I worked.

Garlic Bread

3/4 c water
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 clove of garlic, crushed or minced
2 c bread flour
1 Tbsp dried chives
1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Add all ingredients to the bread machine in the order given, select 1 lb loaf size, light crust and standard cycle. Remove from machine after baking cycle is complete and let cool one hour before slicing.

What I like about this bread: You can use fresh garlic (some recipes call for that jarred stuff that you get in the produce section and I don't like to use that because I don't use it for anything else and it would go to waste) and fresh Parmesan and all dried herbs. I can't wait until my herb garden takes off and I can cut fresh herbs from my garden for this bread.
What I dislike about this bread: Nothing. It's fantastic. Maybe that I have to wait three hours for it to bake to eat it?
Cool kitchen gadgets used: I love my garlic press. It has two styles...slicing or mincing/crushing. I used the mincing/crushing side for this recipe. You just put the garlic in the little chamber and just run it up down until the garlic is ready.
Tastiness factor: This is the BEST bread and all you have to do is slice and serve. It is SO flavorful and yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home