Wednesday, July 28, 2004

An even bigger yawn!

Why in the world am I so tired? I just can not figure it out. I've been averaging about 7-8 hours of sleep per night, which I think is a fair amount, and it's not like I've been running ragged the last five days or so. Last week, yes, but I've had more than enough time to catch up from it. I did start taking my multivitamin and my calcium again this week, and while I know it's too soon to have kicked in, I just can't figure out why I feel so exhausted and weak all the time. I dragged my butt out of bed this morning at 7:50 to come check assignments for my boss and call one of our trainers to tell him I couldn't make it to a 9 am continuing ed class, and then as soon as I hung up and confirmed that there were no new assignments, I crawled right back into bed, and probably would still be there right now if someone hadn't called me at 9:20.
 
Yesterday was not a bad day, except not very productive since I spent a good part of the day playing with this blog and getting a global Ez account set up, which was tricky. I did make it to the gym for shoulders, abs and 30 minutes incline walking on the treadmill, so that was good. My friend that I work out with thinks I'm nuts, but I said last night that there was slowly going to come a point where I didn't feel comfortable working out in my sports bra and shorts anymore. I just feel like a layer of fat is starting to cover my midsection. I'm trying to not think that way, but it doesn't help when I see all these girls at the gym with lean tight torsos...like I used to have when I was at the most depleted point of my precomp prep...and I want it back again so badly. But then when I think about what I had to do and how I had to suffer to get to that point, I shake my head and say that it's not worth it. I have to accept my body for the way that it is. My weight is up a little bit...only 2 lbs...and I'm sure it's probably from the heavy lifting I did last night and the raw cookie dough I cheated with a bit on Monday night. I can now shoulder press with 75#...I was so pleased.
 
I did work on In The Arms of An Angel last night for about 2 1/2 hours while I watched She's Having a Baby. I'd never seen that movie before...it was pretty good, albeit a little slow. The scene at the end where he's waiting to find out if she and the baby are okay was very touching. Kind of made me want to have a baby for about....oh, five seconds! The stitching went well, although I am struck with a very strong sense of deja vu over it all...it reminds me a lot of Firefly Fairies. It uses 150V #4 braid for the gold sparkles to make the brocade, same as Firefly Fairies, the symbol is even the same as Firefly Fairies (a solid #), and the texturing and shading is also very similar, ie, using a lot of confetti to create a subtle shading effect.
 
My boss told me last night at our final call of the evening before she went on vacation that I could work from home this week and didn't have to come in, which was quite a shocker to me. I had assumed that I would have to go into our office. Now that I don't, I feel like I have a nice quiet office to stay in and it's wonderful. She did tell me that I should at least show my face a little bit around the office, but somehow I just don't wanna...maybe I'll go in tomorrow. Today I'd kind of like to stay here and just not see anyone in person.
 
Anyway, that's all that's going on with me, which isn't much. What an exciting life I lead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh - nice blog!!! I feel your pain on the exhaustion - 6am workouts are haaaard. Oh well - it's all worth it.

I'll have to get a username so I'm not anonymous no mo' :)

K

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you just hate the slimey girl that Alec Baldwin brought over to the couple's house in 'She's Having a Baby'? That's my little sis IRL. lol!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home