Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Wednesday Matinee

Okay, so I'm a self-admitted dork.
 
I have been playing with this blog yet again ALL DAY and checking out all the memes that are out there. Whew. There definitely is no shortage of stuff to give you ideas to write about in your blog, that's for sure! I really like the idea about writing in my blog every day, and I love the idea of having a meme every day, so down below, you'll see I've linked to a bunch of daily memes...one for each day of the week. My thought is that this will become more than just a "well, this is what I ate today, this is what I stitched on today, this is the body part I trained at the gym today". While I know that is interesting to some, it'll be probably MORE interesting and more fun if there was other stuff to read about too...plus a lot of these questions I'm finding are making me think! So we'll see how this goes...I don't have a whole lot of time, and of course, my OCD nature is to really get me interested in something to begin with and then it kinda dies off, so I don't know how long this will last but we'll see!
 
I'm just going to start today...with Wednesday's Matinee. I love movies. I LOVE THEM! I have a million of them on VHS and DVD and I'm always turning them on when I'm stitching. I just really love a lot of movies and consider movies one of my hobbies. So, on with the meme!

(whisper) I see dead critics...
 
1. What's your favorite suspense movie?
 
I love the movie Seven. You know, the one with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman? The first time I saw that was my last year in college, and it was just incredible. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! I don't ever remember a movie affecting me like that one did.
 
2. Do you lose sleep on good horror / suspense movies?
 
Only twice. Once was after the same movie! I made the dumb mistake of watching that movie after I got off work at night around 1 am and when the movie ended at 3 am, I couldn't fall asleep for nothing. I finally had to take a Unisom to help me calm down, I was that jittery! The other time was when I was in high school and we watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre at a party. It really scared the socks off me and I had a lot of trouble sleeping not only that night but a few nights after as well.
 
3. Would you make a pact with the devil to save yourself or those you love?
 
Okay, that's a weird question. Of course, no one knows what's going to happen until they are in that given situation, but I would have to say no because of my belief in God and my belief that God has a plan for us all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Hey, thanks for playing Wednesday Matinee!! The last question is kind of a spinoff of the idea behind The Village (opening this weekend), which inspired this week's question. (In the movie The Village, a village has made a pact with some evil force that kills people... gonna have to see the movie for the rest!) ;) Have a good day!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Seven is a very cool movie! I've seen it twice and I don't think I'll see it again though...very intense. Heh heh, just to make you jealous...I got to see a test screening of it in college a few months before it was released. We all got free posters for filling out a little survey after the movie :D

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home