Saturday, October 15, 2005

Our Chicco Cortina

After another agonizing hour long visit to Babies R Us, we are now the proud owners of a Chicco Cortina travel system. It's a little more than we wanted to spend, but we have gone cheap on absolutely EVERYTHING that we have bought for the baby or gotten stuff used or been given stuff. P really wanted this thing, I got a bonus at work this week for having the highest customer service score in the office (well, I tied anyway), and darn it, we just wanted it!!! It's an investment since we're going to use it for Baby #2, provided that I get through this pregnancy and can actually picture myself going through it again. Ha ha ha.

And what a relief it is to know that we can take McK home from the hospital safely without any midnight trips to Wal-Mart to get a car seat!

We picked up a few other things too...My Brest Friend pillow for breast feeding, a cover for my Boppy pillow I got at my shower this week, some bibs on clearance, and then we went to Kinko's and bought the stuff for the baby announcements. My goal before my daughter arrives is to have all of my Christmas cards done and all of the baby announcement envelopes addressed so that is done...because I don't want to be worrying about all that stuff later.

Oh, and guess how you know that you look like you're ready to pop???

The cashier at Babies R Us asks if you want a cart to take your bag out to your car that has nothing more in it than a pillow and some bibs. I looked at him like he was nuts.

I spent all day today until our trip to Babies R Us lying in bed reading my pregnancy books and watching television. It was FABULOUS. I felt like a million bucks after resting all day. I understand now why they tell expectant moms to rest in the ninth month...because it will truly help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home