Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A shower on the fly!

It's times like these when you really find out who your friends are that you can rely on.

In the space of about 48 hours, I have had numerous friends come forward and offer to help with the shower. My friend C (the new hostess) has got everything under control, and other friends have offered to bring food, drinks, wine, champagne, paper products...I even have a punch bowl coming on loan! It's just amazing how everyone has pulled together so that I can still have a shower, not have to kill myself to do it, and spend time with my friend S, who I probably won't see again for a long time.

I finally let P talk me into ordering premade fruit and vegetable trays, so I'm not really going to have to make that much food after all...just my famous spinach and artichoke dip, the recipe for which P is scouring our computer for at the moment, deviled eggs, punch, and chocolate dipping sauce for the fruit. We are in GOOD shape, and this shower is going to be very nice and very special. I'm again looking forward to it so much.

(edited for content)

I have some very sad news on another note...the last two dogs that my mom owned from when my sister V and I were in high school passed away this week, so all four of them now are at the Rainbow Bridge. I knew it was coming since they were all so old, but to lose the last two within hours of each other, I know, has to be very hard on my mom.

I'm looking outside now for the locusts.

Anyway, that's all that's going on from here. I'm going back to work tomorrow, albeit with a very sore throat from all the running around and stress over the last week. I just hope it's allergies and not anything serious like a cold...because all I am left with to take is Tylenol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

I'm glad the shower has been sorted out, Erica, and I look forward to seeing some pics!

((Hugs)) for the loss of your furbabies.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I'm glad that things are looking up for you with the shower and that you won't have to spend most of your weekend in the kitchen! Amazing to see friends in action isn't it?!
So sorry for the loss of the dogs! Big hugs!!!!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home