Thursday, September 22, 2005

Baby news

I had my 32 week checkup today and it went pretty well. I went in expecting a huge lecture on my weight gain, and didn't get one...I think my doctor let it go after measuring me and realizing that this baby is now measuring two weeks ahead! It explains why I feel and look like I'm carrying a large watermelon.

Anyway, it looks like I get to see what my daughter looks like ahead of time...my doctor wants to do another ultrasound at 38 weeks (November 1) and see how big McKenna is at that point, and then we will discuss early induction. I don't really want to do that, but she is worried that if I wait and let her come on her own that she'll be so big, it'll cause me to have delivery problems, ie, necessitating a Caesarean. I'd rather be induced.

So, that's the plan. We'll see how it goes. Otherwise, blood pressure looks good, I look good, and my back hurts, which apparently I just have to live with. The only negative thing about McK coming early is that if she does come early, I will have to either go back to work right before Christmas or take a few weeks off unpaid since I can't use my vacation time from 2006 until it IS actually 2006. So that has me a little worried, but not as worried as I would be if I had to have a C-section.

(edited for content)

With regards to my mother-in-law, there has been absolutely no change. She is clinging to life by her fingertips.

Work for me, with one of the biggest storms in history on its way to Texas, is going to be very interesting the next few weeks. I of course am pretty useless right now for field work, and my doctor today put me on a restriction to the Dallas-Fort Worth area (ie, no trips to Austin or Houston in my future, not that I'd want to!). There are a few alternatives...they can either have me supervise adjusters coming into the Dallas area from all over the country, they can give me lots of water and fire claims, or just continue to train A which was the original plan all along. For now, I get to be on after-hours this weekend for the Houston area, which I'm sure will be just delightful considering that all the emergency contractors to do board-ups and tarp roofs have evacuated.

Anyway. That was my crappy day. I'll update more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home