Monday, September 05, 2005

Assembling a Pack and Play

It's NOT as easy as it sounds...or as P made it out to be. He was like, "oh, you can do it, it's ready to go, how hard can it be?"

As it turns out, very hard. I'm sure if all it was was the play yard, that'd be one thing, but of course I got the one with the bassinet and the changing table and the mobile and the vibrating thing that plays music. Lots of little parts. But it's all together now. That was my accomplishment for yesterday...and P's was putting up the blinds in the kitchen window.

As for the furniture saga, we were VERY successful. We went to the Room Store first, exactly where we bought our living room set five years ago, and we were equally successful again, but this time we were smarter. We bought a set of sage green microfiber sofas with a matching ottoman on sale, but no tables and no lamps since ours from five years ago are still fine. You can see them here. We also made sure this time that these sofas can accomodate slip covers, can be wet cleaned, and paid a little extra for the extended warranty and the Teflon coating, none of which we did last time and wish that we had. We also bought a dining room set, which you can see here. After we realized that to buy the four chairs alone would be more than 2/3 of the cost of a new set of a table plus six chairs, we elected to save ourselves the joy of refinishing and repairing our old table and just bite the bullet. This new table is very cool...it's a natural finish on the tops of the tables and chairs and a dark brown on the legs, and it's going to match our hutch just perfectly. But the best thing I like about it is that it is LARGE and can seat six people comfortably. That's awesome. Anyway, even with the table we stayed within our budget that I had set for the couches, so I'm happy. Everything is going to be delivered on Wednesday.

Today, I am hoping that I can inspire P to finish the hall baseboards and put up the drapery hardwares in the kitch, dining room and living room. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to try to get inspired myself to work on the bookcase. Compared to the work on the dresser, this is going to be a breeze, but I just don't want to get outside in the garage and do it. I also have tons of laundry to do and I'd like to get the office and our bedroom picked up since they have gotten somewhat (albeit not even close to their before state) cluttered yet again.

So, I guess that's about all from here. I'll take some pictures soon, I promise...I just really want to get the drapes up and the new furniture delivered before I do, but then I will. Everything is really coming together.

Happy Labor Day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dining set! Its gorgeous. :) Nice sofas too. :)

Happy Labor Day!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home