Sunday, August 21, 2005

Something fun for a Sunday

Every muscle in my body hurts. I'm tired. And I have SO much to do today. Why aren't there enough hours in the weekend? I need a three-day weekend, and it's just not happening until Labor Day.

All we got finished yesterday was the shoe in the utility room and the baseboards and door casing in the kitchen. That's all? No, of course, it's fabulous, but I was really hoping we'd get the baseboards in the main area done. They are, at least, painted, but it just takes a lot of time to cut them, get the angles right and put them on. My poor husband is working his little butt off trying to get them done. I guess when carpenters work, they work in teams just for this very reason.

Anyway, the utility room is completely finished. All we have left in the kitchen is the finishing trim on the counters (we bought three pieces yesterday to cut and spray with high-gloss spray paint), putting up the blinds and putting up the drapes, and that room is FINI. Of course, it'd help if we had time to go grocery shopping now so we could eat at home. I'm hoping that we can run out today and do that...I'm SO tired of eating out. I don't care if we go to Wal-Mart at midnight...I want some stuff to be able to make lunch tomorrow.

But since it's already almost 10:30, P's asleep in bed, I have a lunch date, he has to go over to his parents' house to visit, and we probably won't get started until around 3, I'm going to call and postpone the carpet cleaning until later in the week. We're just not ready yet.

Something fun now! I haven't done one of these in a while. Stolen shamelessly from a mama lama...I think most of you should know me pretty well by now, especially if you've been reading since the beginning, but here's more stuff about me...

1 . What time did you get up this morning? Alarm was set for 9:30; I actually dragged myself up at 10:00.
2 . Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
3 . What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Revenge of the Sith.
4 . What is your favourite tv show at the moment? Six Feet Under, which has its series finale tonight, and Entourage.
5 . What did you have for breakfast? I'm embarrassed to admit that I ate the leftover half of my piece of cheesecake from Saltgrass last night. It just looked more appealing than my cinnamon Life.
6. What is your middle name? I don't actually have a birth middle name. My mom didn't have one when she was born, so she thought that her daughters shouldn't either. Whatever. I use my maiden name, which will be kept a secret for identity purposes. Sorry. It's a pretty white bread name though.
7 . What is your favourite cuisine? American food...I'm a total meat and potatoes girl.
8 . What food do you dislike? Pico de gallo, brussel sprouts, asparagus, tomatoes, salmon...there are a lot of foods that I don't care for.
9 . What is your favourite crisp flavour? Sour cream and cheddar. I'm assuming we're talking about potato chips here.
10. What is your favourite song? Just Like Heaven by the Cure.
11. What kind of car do you drive? We own a 1999 Honda Accord, a 1999 Ford Explorer, and I get a 2005 Dodge Magnum from my company. I drive the Magnum.
12. Favorite sandwich? I like roast beef with provolone on French bread.
13. What characteristic do you despise? People that say they are going to do something and then don't do it.
14. Favorite item of clothing? My black velvet flip flops that I have been wearing just about everywhere except to work.
15. If you could go any where in the world on vacation? A European tour.
16. What colour is your bathroom? Well, you've seen them! My master is light blue and my hall bath is light green.
17. Favourite brand of clothing? Old Navy.
18. Where would you retire? Oregon or North Carolina.
19. Favourite time of day? Evenings.
20. What was your most memorable birthday? My sixteenth...my parents gave me a Sweet Sixteen pool party.
21. Where were you born? Ithaca, New York.
22. Favorite sport to watch? College basketball.
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? No one. I stole it!
24. Person you expect to send it back first? Same.
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Gain.
26. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke.
27. Are you a morning person or a night? Evening!
29. Do you have any pets? Five...two Labs, Katie and Simon, and three cats, Gabrielle, Taylor and Moira.
30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? My kitchen is almost done!
31. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor...I wanted to make lots of money. Now, no possibility...I suck at science and I wouldn't want to deal with all the bureaucracy.

Okay, so that's all from here for now. I'm going to get ready for my lunch date and another long day of getting to know my house.

One really great thing that I realized last night...we were out to dinner with friends and talking about the house remodeling. The lady was telling me that her daughter was in the process of selling her house and buying a new one, and I said, before I even really thought about it, "Oh, I wouldn't sell my house now for anything." Did I really say that outloud? It's TRUE! I love my house now! I want to stay for a long time! And the best part was, P agreed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home