Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The beauty of wood

Things are really starting to come together. The laminate guys finished tonight around 6 pm, informing us that they would be back later in the week with more stair-nose for our step down into the living room since the store didn't order enough apparently.

What a shocker. What IS it with these contractors not ordering the right materials or the right dimensions or ordering them on time?

But the floors look ABSOLUTELY freaking beautiful. I can't believe how gorgeous they look. These floors are what I envisioned when I decided to make the switch to laminate three years ago. They are truly truly beautiful and the guys did an excellent job.

The window guy was the first guy to finish and be paid in full today. He was slow as molasses considering that he only had to replace two windows, but I guess I'll cut him some slack since he was working alone. The windows look wonderful as well...very clean and white, and most important, they are intact, not broken and not leaking, a vast improvement from what we have. P's putting up our new blinds right now in our master bedroom. Tomorrow the kitchen contractors are going to put a window sill in and then we can put up those blinds and the drapery hardware.

What did I do tonight, you might wonder? I painted baseboards. All of them for the kitchen to be exact plus the shoe molding for the utility room. They are all painted and drying and ready to go tomorrow. Tomorrow night I'll do the baseboards for the main areas.

Our next refinishing project is going to be our dining room table. We have been debating for several days on what to do...salvage our old one or buy a new set, and after P did a little research online, it turns out that we can buy new nude legs for it, which would be much cheaper than buying a new table, and then we can buy four raw chairs to stain to match. Better! So that's what we are going to do, prontissimo.

Fun times right now....and I mean that in all sincerity. Now that I had my breakdown and things are moving on, I can really start to enjoy the nesting part of all this.

Oh, and we finally found a rug for the kitchen. We found a gray, white and black one at Target, and then I ordered a super-cushioned one online with a Paris theme to it. So we're all set.

And next weekend (not this one but next) we have designated as baby registering weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home