Sunday, August 28, 2005

A day of baby shopping

No change with E. She's still the same.

We didn't get our 4D sonogram done. With our luck, of course the stupid ultrasound machine broke while we were sitting there waiting for our turn. We were both so upset. I don't know if we're going to get one done now. It's kind of pointless since E probably won't be awake enough to watch it. We're going to get to see the baby for the rest of our lives...the whole point in doing this was so SHE could see it.

But the day yesterday wasn't a total loss. We completed our registries at Babies R Us and Target, and when we were at Target, we bought our crib, changing table, pack and play, and a crib mattress. I also picked up a breast feeding book at Babies R Us, a listening device to hear the baby at Target, some black frames at Target for the Finding Nemo prints that my friend E in Florida sent me, another framed wine label for the kitchen at Kohl's, and a new mantle clock at Things Remembered since ours was just not working anymore. I feel a lot more prepared now to be a mom.

Today, I'm hoping that we'll spend the day working on the house. P doesn't want to just live over at his parents' house right now...it's very sad and mostly all she does is sleep right now anyway. I'm sure he'll go over there tonight and see her. He said it himself...it helps to stay busy and distracted and whether we like it or not, life will go on after she is gone. We have a lot to look forward to, and E wouldn't want us to just get mired in grief.

I better get busy. I'm going to walk the dogs and then get started with painting our new baseboards that we exchanged our old ones for. One of the MUST-DOs on our list today is major grocery shopping...I can't believe we haven't done it in over six weeks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you missed your ultrasound. They are fun to see how the baby is changing and growing.
On a positive note, it sounds like you are getting ready for the baby. You got a lot done in one day!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Erica, I am sorry things did not work out with your ultrasound. I know you had the best of intentions to have it done for your MIL. Please know she and you and your husband are in my prayers.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home