Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The good, the bad and the ugly

What a whirlwind last 24 hours this has been.

The good: Our exterior is now painted. Click here if you want to see befores and afters. The painters really did a beautiful job and we are SO pleased with the colors that we chose.

The bad: My brother-in-law M stopped by last night to see the house, so we thought, but actually came by to tell us that my mother-in-law had an MRI, the cancer is worsening, and they've decided that they have done all they can do and are recommending stopping the chemo. They aren't giving a timeline, but have said all they can do at this point is make her more comfortable. P and I are distraught, of course. I really can't talk about this intelligibly right now, but I'll write a longer entry about it later when I've collected my thoughts. We are doing a 4D ultrasound this weekend to share with her just in case she doesn't make it long enough to see the baby.

The ugly: The painter, in the process of repairing our siding underneath our new kitchen window, penetrated a pipe with his nail gun. WHILE I WAS IN THE FIELD. It was very ugly. He is just darn lucky that it was on an exterior wall and not inside the kitchen or else there would have been bloodshed.

That's all from here. Over and out...we're off to Lowe's to deal with the baseboard issue.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The paint looks great!

SO sorry to hear about your MIL, I have been wondering how she is doing. That's so sad. I hope she makes it to see your baby, I bet nothing would thrill her more.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Erica, I am so sorry to hear the news of your MIL. I have been thinking about her also and really was hoping all was going well. I will pray for her and you and P and the rest of the family as well.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really know what to say to comfort you, but lots of (((hugs))).

10:05 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

So sorry to hear about your mil. Praying for comfort for you and your hubby as well as her!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

So sorry to hear about your MIL. She is often in my thoughts. {{{hugs}}} to you and your family.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

(((((HUGS))))) Erica, this is so sad. I'm so glad you're doing the 4D, though. I recommend that to any pregnant gal! And it will be so special for MIL, either way. I'm praying for the best!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home