Sunday, August 20, 2006

I can't even remember now what it feels like to be not sick

The day before my interview (the day after my last post), I woke up with a 99.2 degree fever. I take my temperature every day to chart my cycle, so I know that 99.2 is VERY unusual for me. Even post-ovulation. I chalked it up to nerves.

I felt nauseous all day and like I was going to throw up. Again, I chalked it up to nerves. After all, I had never been this nervous in my entire life.

After my interview I went straight back to bed in my hotel room and woke up fifteen minutes before checkout time...I was really worried that if I didn't get any sleep, I'd get in an accident on the road. By the time I got to Austin, I was a wreck and exhausted. I immediately crawled in my hotel bed and napped for four hours. Then I woke up, got some dinner, watched a movie, and tried to go back to sleep around 12:30. I realized around 1 am that despite the fact that I had the temp turned down to 70 degrees in my room, I was sweating up a storm. I took my temperature again and it was 99.9.

So I trooped my way downstairs, bought some Bayer from the front desk and took it to break the fever, but by then, the damage was done...I sweated and froze all night and woke up every hour on the hour.

My interview went neither good nor bad. I answered every question honestly and without rambling and I can honestly say that I truly did the best that I could. That's about it. And I sure did look cute. I should hear official results sometime next week although I already got an unofficial top secret thumbs up from one of the managers in my office that spoke to Queenie (who interviewed me).

When I got back to Dallas, I went immediately to my doctor's office. The verdict? My sinus infection from a week ago had not gone away and for grins, I also picked up the flu on top of that. JOY. So that meant yet another day of calling in sick, although this time I took it very seriously and stayed in bed all day, only moving to take a shower.

Now? Well, I guess I feel better, although I don't know what better is. My throat still hurts, I'm exhausted constantly, and both my doctor and McKenna's doctor agree that she and I are probably passing stuff back and forth thanks to the petri dish that is her daycare.

Anyway. That's about all from here. McKenna is snoozing right now and we're getting ready to go get a membership at Costco and start party food shopping. We're at 35 confirmed partiers next weekend with about 15 maybes, so I'm planning for 40 and hoping for the best!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Feel better soon. i vote you go to bed early tonight too.

And yay! for the job interview. I like the secret unofficial thumbs up. Sounds very secret agenty. HA HA HA I hope you hear something OFFICIAL this week!!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home