Friday, January 04, 2008

Onion Bread

I made this bread the other night just out of curiosity. I really love onion things and this bread was very fragrant and tasty...not at all overwhelming.

Onion Bread

3/4 c milk at room temperature
1 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into small pieces
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
2 c white bread flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 c dried onions
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
2 tsp active dry yeast

Add all ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed. Use 1 lb setting and bake on the white bread cycle.


What I liked about my bread: The aroma is amazing! I had it in a small bag at work and it made my cubicle smell just amazing.
What I disliked about my bread: Nothing. It was super-tasty!
Cool kitchen gadgets used: Obviously my bread machine is cooler than anything, but my small pink mixing bowl from Williams Sonoma that is perfect for measuring out bread flour as it holds four cups was nice too.
Tastiness factor: Very, very good bread. The onion taste is there, but not at all offensive like you might think. It is a very flavorful mild bread and I am sure it would be great with sandwiches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home