Saturday, February 10, 2007

Making the transition to an early bird...

I've been trying to get to work early lately (like 7 am early) so that I can leave work early and spend more time in the evenings with McKenna. So far, it hasn't worked once. I keep finding myself losing track of time, getting behind, and whoops, all of a sudden it's 5:30.

I have a feeling what I'm going to need to do very soon is just set a specific time to leave, and then LEAVE. I don't know what else to do. There will always be a ton of work to do, and this will never change. I hate it, but it is what it is.

Overall, things in supervisor-land are going okay. December was horrible, January was better, and February so far is busy, but a little better than January.

I am, however, scoring some pretty neat new toys:

-a new Dell docking station for my laptop
-a wireless optical mouse
-a new laptop
-a new printer (mine broke on Friday so I bought an all-in-one Lexmark printer today)

...and I'm working on getting my office to approve ordering a new Sprint phone that is Bluetooth-compatible. We'll see...that one doesn't look too good.

My team is doing okay....two of my girls are struggling through their training, and one of the guys (M) is applying to transfer to commercial for a change of pace. He claims it has nothing to do with me, and I believe him. C and C (the other two guys are doing fine) although I finally had to buy a voicemail log book tonight for one of them in a desperate attempt to get him to be organized about returning his calls.

My desk is still staying neat, clean and organized. I even have an ivy plant and Lysol for cleaning it. I also started to use my Sony Clie (PDA) a few weeks ago and since I can download Palm Desktop to use on my laptop, I'm even more organized and don't have a bunch of lists everywhere.

So, if I can just find a way to add about six more hours to every day of the week, I'll be all set.

McKenna is doing great. She can now say mommy, dadda, baby, bye, wave, and walk EVERYWHERE. It's insane...she is quite the little explorer. She's now 30 lbs, 32" tall, and according to her doctor, doing great. I'll try to get a current picture up soon.

So, that's the scoop. We're doing fine. Just staying very, very, very busy.


Anonymous sharon said...

It sounds like things are coming together for you! Keep up the great work. As far as the phone, you might remind the powers that be that Texas had introduced legislation that will require anyone using a cell phone while driving to be using it hands-free. Maybe that would help? I dunno. Can't wait to see a new picture of McK!

5:18 AM  
Anonymous dleighb said...

You know, R complained about being too busy to do something the other day. I thought to myself, you've got to be kidding me. You are home all day with your baby. I have friends who work like crazy and then come home and have to spend time with their baby and continue to work. Anyway, I'm glad things are going better for you. I hope they continue to improve.

11:41 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Looks like things are moving right along for you. That is wonderful! Sounds like you will most likely need that vacation when it comes up though!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home