Sunday, September 19, 2004

Racheal

Good morning! *yawn*

Yesterday was just as productive as I hoped it would be. I got all my music transferred to my computer, I worked until about 5 and now have about ten files sitting there for Queenie to review when she comes in tomorrow morning, made it to the gym, walked the dogs, and finished up stitching Egyptian Sampler. All in all, a good day. Let's hope today is equally productive...I need to work a little bit more (so I can really be on top of things and enjoy my day in the field tomorrow), go to the gym yet again for legs, walk the dogs, run some errands when I'm out and about, and I'd ideally like to get a few hours more of stitching in. Plus, I really need to do some laundry! I think I also finally talked Philip into going to Jinbeh for lunch, so I'm excited about that.

My mom got a new dog yesterday...she named her Racheal. Look how cute she is! She looks like that dog from the Little Rascals.



I feel kind of bad though. Mom was so excited to tell me about Racheal that she called me repeatedly while I was trying to work (which I hate...call me once and leave a message, darn it!) and when she kept calling, I got worried that something had happened or one of the other dogs had died, and so when I finally picked up the phone and found out that it wasn't an emergency, I really snapped at her. I did call her back this morning and apologize, so all is well.

This is a meme I haven't done before...it's called The First Four.

In honor of the upcoming release of the special edition DVD, what are the first four things you think of when I say Star Wars?

Princess Leia, hair, Han Solo, and tv. When I watched this movie, like every other young girl in the country, I wanted my hair in those buns like hers, and I tried it over and over again. Little did I know or realize that she had hair that was unbelievably long. Tv was because I must have watched this movie a million times when it was on cable when I was a kid.

And the Weekly Bit about the internet...one of my favorite places...thanks, Naida, for the questions!

1. How long have you been online? Not today, but in total, how long have you had your computer? I have had many computers since I've been online so that's not really an accurate judge of how long I've been online. I got my first email account my freshman year at Carolina when I marched myself down to one of the math and science buildings and signed up for a free edu account...back in the days where an email address for every student was not automatic. Hard to imagine now. Since I didn't have a computer back then and my roommate L's computer was not equipped to dial out (sheesh, I'm suddenly feeling old!), the only way I could access my email account was in the computer lab on the first floor of my dorm or in the computer labs in the libraries. I got a computer the next year and that all changed.
2. Do you have many online friends? Have you ever met any in person or spoken to them over the phone? I have many online friends. I met all the Dallas-Fort Worth Teresa Wentzler fans in person in 1998, and still maintain friendships with them today...and they know who they are....D, T, T, S and S! The one that I see the most often though is D. I also have a close pal in California, S, that I have been chatting with online and emailing with since 1999...and I've met her several times in person when I've gone to California for business. I met my trainer M that I worked with last year online, all my old competitor friends K, C, K, E and S online, and when I first moved to Dallas in 1996, I even did quite a bit of internet dating before I met my husband, if you can believe it! I love the internet.
3. What are your favorite things to do while online? Write in my blog, shop, answer emails, check bulletin boards, chat on Yahoo and AOL (I'm emgonz on Yahoo and emgonzalez1975 on AOL) and read articles, blogs and other things that I find.
4. List your favorite websites. Every single one of them is linked on this page.
5. Do you know HTML, Javascripts? Do you create your own webpages and graphics? Do you have any websites? I know enough about html to create this blog, but that's it. I do have my own website...this one...but the program to design it is Trellix and it is most decidedly html free...or at least, very well covered up. I also have my Body For Life transformation page....located here.
6. What do you hate about the internet? What annoys you most about it? The thing I hate the most about the internet is what a time sucker it is, which I guess is more my fault, but it's so easy to just sit there and keep reading and reading and reading. My competitor friends and I used to joke that it was a bad sign if you ate one meal and then spent so long on the internet that mealtime for the next one came around and you were still sitting there.

I guess that's all I've got for today! I'm going to go eat some breakfast and see if I can't get a few things done this morning before we head out for lunch. I hope everyone has a truly wonderful Sunday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Awwwwww, Erica. Your mom's doggy is such a cutie. I love the face. I also love your progress on the Egyptian Sampler. Very nice. Have a nice relaxing Sunday.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Erica, I've never seen your Body for Life page before and I just have to say WOW!!! Congratulations to you! You should be very proud of your effort!

And I agree, your mom's new dog is a cutie!

2:54 PM  
Blogger The Bookworm said...

Hi Erica, thaks for playing we weekly bit :) Wow, I saw your body for life page, you go girl! Good for you, that is amazing.
Have a great week.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home