Friday, July 29, 2005

The light at the end of the tunnel

Drama over. We have an end result.

The contractor faxed me today that he will be picking up the cabinetry from the manufacturer on August 9 and will be finished in our kitchen by August 12. We can then have our flooring put in the following Monday and Tuesday and then install our baseboards that weekend.

Yes, I'm pissed. Yes, I'm disappointed. Yes, I'm irritated at the thought of two more weeks without a kitchen. But what else can I do?

One thing I am though is relieved...relieved to know that there is an end in sight. P talked to him at length today and the contractor really is sorry and feels bad about what happened. Doesn't help us at all right now, but at least he did apologize again.

I had to work tonight until about 9:30, so it wasn't enough time to get our stuff organized for a garage sale this weekend, but we're waking up bright and early tomorrow to get started working. Here's our to-do list:

-finish painting kitchen, install light fixtures
-finish painting main area, install dining room chandelier
-organize garage sale stuff and label for next weekend
-finish sanding dresser and get it stained
-sand bookcase and get it stained

At least we're keeping busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home