Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is what I painted last night on the kitchen wall where my cabinets are going to go. It's completely reflective of my mood right now.

The contractors showed up yesterday and as promised, they tore out the cabinets, sink, garbage disposal, counters, and removed the range and dishwasher. What they did NOT do was to repair the drywall in the kitchen. I called the general contractor and left him a message, but it took my husband calling from his cell phone (a number the GC didn't recognize) to get the guy to get his guys back there. They worked for another hour and got the drywall all ready. It is now an empty room.

I spent last night painting the kitchen as much as I could up to the wet areas of drywall, and the color looks very nice, but I am so frustrated not having a kitchen and I can't believe our cabinets haven't arrived yet.

Worst of all, I can't believe that we are now at a halting point until they do. No more painting, no counters, no floors, nothing.

We went over our to-do list last night. It's short.

-paint the doors and trims in the kitchen with semi-gloss
-finish touch-ups in the main areas
-install dining room light fixture
-move everything back into the linen closet

That's it. There is no more to do until the kitchen is done. We can't move our furniture back into place. We can't hang pictures up on the wall. There is nothing more to take out. We are in limbo. AND I HATE IT!

P had the great idea though this weekend of buying some metallic spray paint to paint this gold-painted coat rack to match our outlet covers and light fixtures, so we did that last night and I'm very pleased with the results. He also took apart our ceiling fan in our kitchen and spray-painted all the brass parts to it, so it's going to match our new kitchen. Much cheaper than buying a new fan, that's for sure!

Anyway, that's the status. Today I am spending the day running errands since I don't want to go back to work and I don't have much to do around the house. I have to get the registration on both of our vehicles, get one inspected, change my Social Security card (yup, six years later and I'm finally doing it), get dog food, one more outlet cover for the kitchen, and lunch with a pal from work.

Then I'll come back and paint a little more.

I have a feeling that we're going to be spending this weekend either working on the dresser and bookcase for the nursery, or having a garage sale. Either would be peachy with me.

Oh, I forgot to mention that our mesquite laminate was delivered yesterday on time and it looks great. We love it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Sorry about the kitchen upsetedness. I find it annoying too when males only seem to listen and respond to other males. It seems to me that at times they just think of women as complainers.

Glad you like the mesquite laminate!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home