Friday, July 15, 2005

Outie to perfect innie to...outie?

When I was seven, I had an umbilical hernia repaired. In layman's terms, my belly button was an outie and was fixed to be a perfectly beautiful innie. P has always said in the nine years that we have been together that he's never seen a woman with such a perfect belly button as mine. And I seem to remember my mother once upon a time when asked why I had to have my outie fixed telling me that if I didn't have it fixed, I would get a huge hole in my stomach when I had a baby of my own one day, many many years from then.

Tonight we went out to dinner at Uncle Julio's (a Mexican restaurant in the area, NOT an inlaw of mine!) and I noticed in the bathroom that my perfectly beautiful and tucked in innie is starting to pop out! Craziness!

So far, my navel ring is still sitting nice and flat and truthfully is not bothering me at all. In fact, it's actually the most comfortable at this point than it has been the whole pregnancy.

But it was a WEIRD realization when I saw it tonight. My belly is really starting to look like a pregnant belly...it's crazy! And my daughter? Well, she's moving more and more every day. She was active just about all day today it seemed...until dinner when she quieted down and then I guess the lemon-orange flan I had for dessert woke her up because she started moving around again.

I'm going to hit the sack and get some shut-eye...we have an early morning appointment tomorrow to select our flooring for our kitchen and then it's right back here to start painting. I've been doing laundry like a mad woman the last two days and resting up for this paintathon...this is going to be the task for sure. All I can see when I look at my living room is JUST HOW MUCH WALL SPACE I HAVE!

And I'm hopeful...the master bedroom has now survived forty-eight hours and still looks JUST as clean as it did Wednesday night when we went to bed. Maybe there is hope for us to be organized human beings after all. I sure hope so! It's wonderful having such a clean house!

Just don't go in my kitchen. I'll leave you with this thought...if I'm using it to wash out my paintbrushes, and we're going to throw out the sink next week when the contractors come to start the demolition, what is the point of cleaning it? If you are still scratching your head imagining an answer, think about how colorful that sink looks with splotches and whorls of Alice Blue, Honest Blue, Ancient Olive, Thundering Storms, Star Command Blue and Blue Balloon. It's loverly, I tell you, just loverly! And I'm soon to add Sweet Slumber to it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

LOL! Do you even stitch anymore? LOL

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home