Monday, October 17, 2005

DAZZLED!

Okay, so we were dazzled. Quite dazzled.

We went and toured Primrose today (our second daycare option) and let me tell you, this is not daycare. THIS IS PRIVATE SCHOOL. Both P and I were SO impressed, all we could do was walk around with our mouths open. They were cordial and nice. Almost every employee has their kids going there. They are spic and span clean. They answered every question we had before the question even arose in our brains. It was amazing.

We walked out the door, turned to each other, and said, "That's it."

It also has the added bonus of being less than seven minutes from our house, less than TWO from my brother-in-law's house, and right around the corner from the hospital where McKenna will be born and where her pediatrician will be.

Score!

So, McKenna is now on the list to be added to the infant room in January. We have her spot secured. Even though I know that the first day is going to be the toughest to leave her, I think that I will breathe easier knowing what a wonderful place she will be, what good people are caring for her during the day when I'm working, and what a great education and learning experience she is going to get from this. All of the children that we saw there, from the infants all the way up to the five-year-olds, were very well socialized, behaved, and they all looked like they were having a great time.

To quote the coworker that recommended Primrose to me, this is the best option we could think of next to me staying home permanently. I know McKenna is going to love it!

And in other news, my friend D has totally corrupted me. I am venturing into the evil and addictive world of scrapbooking. I went to a Creative Memories workshop yesterday, D's debut, and she totally lured me in with her tempting wares. I went right home to organize all my photos, and as soon as my first order comes in, I'm starting with my 1997 Cancun trip. That's going to be the warm up. The big tamale will be my wedding photographs, and of course, all of this is in preparation for my KIDS! And I would ideally like to have all my pictures done before I even start on children scrapbooks. We'll see. It's just crazy what having kids does to you!

Other highlights of the day...well, my dog Katie got into our trash yesterday and ate all of the bad boiled eggs that I had made to devil and never got around to it...and today I came home from work to find them on my master bedroom carpet. I don't think I came as close to vomiting during my first trimester morning sickness as I did today. I told P that if he can't clean that carpet, there is NO way I'm sleeping in there tonight, so he's in there right now with the Little Green Machine trying to get the smell out. I don't know what we're going to do if we can't...get new carpet in there, I suppose. It's AWFUL! I have to smell rotting food on my job, not when I sleep.

Oh, and this just in....and no one panic. I had a very scary moment today when I stood up at work and thought my water had broken. Then, while I was waiting for my doctor to call me back, either I started having Braxton Hicks contractions or McKenna just got VERY creative with her kicking. I really thought tonight was it! Finally my doctor called back and told me to go home, change clothes, and sit for an hour and if I had six contractions or more in the next hour, to go straight to Labor and Delivery. Well, obviously I'm still at home, so you know what happened. I think McKenna is just pressing very hard on my bladder right now and causing me to be a tad incontinent.

Okay, I'm off to make something to eat. Somehow, I just can't seem to muster an appetite when I've got this nasty dog vomit smell in the background only slightly masked by the smell of Mexican Vanilla candle. Blah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Wow! Y'all have been busy. So glad you got the travel system and daycare all squared away. How is your carpet? Better, I hope. Bet those instructions from the doctor got your pulse racing! :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home