Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I got this idea from Shannon's blog, and thought it would be a cool thing to do in my own blog.

I am most thankful for the following:

-that my baby girl arrived in this world safe and is healthy
-that I didn't have any complications from childbirth and am recovering well
-that I didn't have to have a C-section
-that we (McK and me) are breast feeding like champions
-that my husband is chipping in and embracing fatherhood like a pro
-that my husband still finds me attractive even after watching a human being emerge from my body
-that I am fortunate enough to work for an employer that gives paid time off for maternity leave, even though it isn't paid for the entire time
-that I have an abundance of family both here in the Dallas area and elsewhere that love and support P and I and dote on McK

Things are going much better here. She doesn't love the Papasan AS much as she did the first day anymore, although it's still a good place for her to sleep, and we've realized that if we put her Boppy in the bassinette with a blanket over it (kind of like a nest) she will sleep in there (THANK YOU KARI!) so that's a relief as well. I actually feel like a human being today.

And...I've been able to scrapbook a little bit! Well, more than a little bit. All I've done since McKenna got here was go shopping, and finally I was able to sit down, organize my new stuff, and now...my New Hampshire trip pictures are done from May! And these pages look fabulous. Oh, I'm so addicted. Next pictures up, my pregnancy pictures and shower pictures. I'm all ready to do those!

Today we are going over to my inlaws' house for Thanksgiving dinner (as usual) and I'm making yeast rolls, a coconut cream pie, an apple pie and a pecan pie, so today will be busy.

That's all from here. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Erica! The Hagertys are thinking of you and Miss McKenna today. Glad to hear everything is going so much better!!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,

It's so good to hear that things are going well for you and your family. The picture of McKenna in the Papasan chair is the sweetest thing I've ever seen!

Fiona

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home