Saturday, November 19, 2005

McKenna's verdict on pumped milk

In three words, SHE LOVES IT.

I worked all day yesterday to produce milk for her to take over to my friend's house last night...every pumping yields more milk than the time before. In three pumpings, I managed to produce two ounces. So last night, I stuck it in my diaper bag, and as soon as she woke up, my friend gave it to her (since I've been unsuccessful so far at feeding her from a bottle...I think it's my smell).

She drank it right down, no spitting up, no refusing, no questions.

I only wish I had been able to give her more...because two ounces clearly was NOT enough for her. Thirty minutes later, she wanted to nurse...and then again an hour later.

But at least now my fear about her not taking a bottle is gone. She just didn't like the Enfamil we were giving her and that's fine with me.

Last night was very pleasant, both going to my friend's house and sleeping, even though it entailed me sleeping again all night on the couch. It's all right though...we're working on it. And today, P is home and I feel a little more free to do some stuff! Right now I'm trying to catch up on my expense reports from work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Good news indeed!

Give it a couple weeks, and you'll likely have more milk than you know what to do with!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home