Friday, November 04, 2005

Contraction City

The contractions are continuing, but they just aren't close enough together yet, darn it.

They are varying from anywhere between thirty minutes apart to ten minutes apart to eight minutes apart. I did have a few minutes of excitement when I had a few that were four to five minutes apart, but then they slowed down again.

I called my doctor's office and they told me that they want me to wait to go to the hospital until they are three to five minutes apart consistently for an hour OR if my water breaks, which it hasn't done yet. I told them about some other things I'm seeing (too graphic for the blog) and they do seem to think based on what I told them that I'm in the early stages of labor, so this weekend could be it. Or, it could go on for another week until I'm induced. Either way, there's no way to know unless my water breaks or these contractions get more frequent!

I now have an answer of WHY my doctor did not schedule induction for later this week. I was informed when I called there this morning that she is out of town until Wednesday and so is her partner. They have a backup doctor that is on call. I know I have NO right to be mad because doctors have lives too, but darn it, I'm PISSED that I'm going to be delivered by a complete stranger if this weekend is it. At least the doctor that is their backup is the doctor that I was going to switch to if I "fired" mine, so I feel okay with that, I suppose. At this point, I'd be amenable to P delivering me, I want to have McK so bad!

Anyway. That's my status for now. I'm done with work and have nothing to do, so I'm going to shower, take a quick walk to see if maybe I can get my water to break on its own and then I'm going to come right back here and see if I can scrapbook for a while.

Tune in later.

9 Comments:

Blogger WhizGidget said...

{{{{hug}}}}

OOh... this is so exciting! I'm just waiting and waiting to hear that a pretty little McKenna has joined us.

I hope that your discomfort ends soon (the irregular contractions and the like) and the show gets on the road.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Thutmosis said...

Good luck, Moira!!!! I've been looking for your updates (I've got your blogrolled) to see if you've had your baby yet. I hope you and baby have a safe and happy delivery!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

No update today?

I hope you are doing well.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I just read your great and wonderful news on The Wagon BB.

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome to the World, McKenna. I hope all is well.

8:21 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Welcome to the world McKenna :) You are going to be one truly spoilt little girl by your mummy and daddy :)

Congrats Moira and hubby :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger Taneya said...

aah!! i have to go read the post -- welcome mckenna!!! :-)

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, I just read the news also - CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's wonderful to hear that she's arrived safely. Can't wait to see pics!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home