Thursday, October 27, 2005

The burrito blanket

The shower today was a huge success, even though I did not get my lilac luxe blankie. It's all right though...we got another Boppy, which is awesome, but we have a Boppy already AND My Brest Friend. I definitely don't need a second Boppy. So it's going back to the store and I'm getting the blankie myself. Heck, I might just get two of them since they are so soft!

Not that I need it in ANY way. We got eight more blankets today, so now I have a total of twenty-three. And a couple of burp cloths, TONS of pink clothes (we are SO screwed if McKenna decides to be Diego), a dishwasher basket, some pacifiers, a sheet for the pack and play, a frame, a stuffed animal, a teether, a gift card for $75 to Babies R Us which is earmarked for diapers, two packs of Huggies, and best of all, a swaddler, also known as the burrito blanket. It was truly a great shower. They had a cake and punch there and cream puffs and it was just great fun. And a $100 gift card arrived today from my aunt and uncle to Target...also earmarked for diapers.

I know it had to have been SO weird for a few of P's coworkers though. For those of you who don't know, my husband and I met when we worked at the same insurance company over nine years ago. Four of the ladies that P works with today knew P and I before we started dating, saw us get engaged, were there at our wedding shower, and now they are giving us a BABY SHOWER! How surreal! But it was so much fun. My ankles are paying me back now by swelling to astronomical proportions, but it was worth it for sure.

So anyway...that was my day. Not much really to report. I still worked a full day of hours and got quite a bit accomplished...and I think my office is starting to realize that yes, I am going out on leave eventually. I'm starting to get the "what are we going to do without you?" questions. I keep reassuring them all that YES, I am definitely coming back to work in January, but I think some of them don't believe me and think that I'll change my mind. Nope. Not going to happen.

Thanks to everyone for all the supportive comments in my blog...I really appreciate it! It's great to know I have lots of readers out there! I'm feeling pretty good this week. I'm only waking up about 1-2 times a night which is a huge improvement, my fingers are really hurting but Tylenol and my braces are keeping my carpal tunnel at bay, and last night I booked a pregnancy massage for Monday, so that'll be lots of fun.

Happy Friday, everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I'm glad your shower went so well. I don't know what the heck you are going to do with 23 blankets though. I guess you better have another kiddo right away. HA HA HA. I know you're thinking right now YA RIGHT!! Anyways, glad your day went well. Enjoy your Friday!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

23 blankets! Wow! McKenna will never be cold. :)

Enjoy the massage!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home