Monday, October 24, 2005

The gift of silence

Well, another week is here. What can I say about it?

I've started to realize the gift of silence. I've eaten lunch by myself two days out of the last week, and I've found it to be quite a relief. Today I ate lunch at La Madeleine all by myself. It was heaven. Don't get me wrong...I really enjoy eating lunch with friends from work, but lately it seems like the discussion is either how badly understaffed we are at our office at the moment because of all the hurricanes or my pregnancy and how I look like I'm ready to explode at any moment.

But one of the nice things that I've noticed the two times that I've eaten alone is that my daughter seems to be very active when I'm eating. It's kind of a nice little moment...just me and McKenna sharing lunch.

I guess I should be happy that I'm liking that, because we're going to be together for a LOT of meals!

We went to Best Buy yesterday and I bought three child's CDs...Disney lullabies, Disney Princess lullabies, and a CD of music inspired by Finding Nemo. So then I went on a tear pulling ALL my kids' CDs and classical CDs out of our holder and moving them into our nursery on the top shelf of my bookshelf, and now I'm determined that I want an inexpensive CD player for the nursery so I can play music for her.

I really wish that I could get a rocker for nursing to put in the nursery, but I can't find a reasonable one under $279 with the ottoman. It's just ridiculous how much these things are. I'm going to look for a used one and see what I can find, but otherwise, I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time nursing her on the couch in the living room.

Not much to say today...I know, it's a boring entry. I slept well last night, I woke up today and my shirts won't cover my belly anymore, I bought a nursing camisole tonight at Target, and my belly is itching something awful. That's about the extent of my excitement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Downstairs on the living room couch is actually a good thing. It's far easier to read one handed on a couch, and before you perfect that skill you will want to be near a TV for late night channel surfing/VCR watching.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Well, I bought a rocking chair and ottoman, but I never ever used it (seriously) for nursing. It was much easier to set up on the bed or the couch, particularly with a two-story house (baby's room, and thus rocker, were upstairs). They are insanely expensive at the baby places, but I found mine at the Burlington Coat Factory Baby Depot for a very reasonable price (less than $150 for both pieces). I still love sitting in it, and so does L (he can make it rock by himself), just never did nurse in it.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home