Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's a girl...a BIG GIRL!

My ultrasound went great today. I'm definitely having a girl...no doubt about it. She had her legs wide open. The pictures didn't come out really good, so I'm not even going to bother scanning them and posting them. She's just too big right now to see any details...other than the hamburger, of course. *grin* And that's all I wanted to see anyway! They can also tell that she's got some hair, so it'll be interesting to see what color it is.

But they are predicting that she is going to be VERY big. I know that ultrasounds aren't the most accurate, and the tech even said it would depend on whether or not she was a chubby girl or very dense and muscular, but she predicted 8 lbs, 14 oz, give or take a pound.

And she said that she hoped she was WAY off.

Based on that, I'm going to agree to let my doctor induce labor if that's her recommendation. I'll update you all tomorrow after my next appointment.

As for me, I feel pretty darn good. My feet and ankles are the slimmest they have been in months and I slept great last night. I see now why they put me on bed rest.

More tomorrow! I'm going to get busy cutting tags off clothes and washing them to get ready.

6 Comments:

Blogger WhizGidget said...

8lb 14! That would be a big girl... my youngest was also my biggest - a chubby 8lb 8oz... My tech was wrong too - she predicted a slender 7 pound baby...

I hope your tech is wrong too - in the other direction!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may wish to hang onto your tags on the clothes until McKenna is actually here. That way if you got things that are too small for her you can exchange them for a larger size. But then again if the tech is wrong on the weight of McKenna you'll probably be able to use everything!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Even I am getting excited now!! I can't wait until your little girl is born!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica!

I let the LL crowd know how you are doing. Glad to read that you and McKenna are doing great!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, we talked about having more than two kids, but when the first one was 8lb 15oz, and the 2nd was 9lb 4oz - I put an end to any more pretty darn quick!

Glad to hear you're doing well!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I was 8lb 14, so she'd be in good company! ;)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home