Monday, October 31, 2005

Bedrest

I guess I should be careful what I wish for, because I might actually get it.

This morning I woke up and my feet, while they didn't look QUITE as bad, were still very puffy. My doctor's office opens at 8:30 so I got ready for work like usual and drove to my office, and called them from the car. They put me on hold while they talked to my doctor and told me to come in to have my blood pressure, weight and urine checked.

I got there, and my blood pressure has shot up from a nice low 100/70 to a borderline 130/90, which in itself I guess is not a concern, but it's how MUCH it's increased that is a concern to them, as well as the fact that I've gained 11# in the last five days, I'm not peeing as much as a pregnant woman should be, and my feet look like water balloons.

So, starting today I'm on bedrest. I can still work as long as I do it FROM BED with my feet up, and I can still go to my pregnancy massage today, but other than that, I'm to be lying down with my feet up. They are going to still do my ultrasound tomorrow and I have to collect ALL my urine in this gas container-thingy starting tomorrow at 8, and then my final doctor's appointment is going to be on Wednesday.

My doctor told my nurse to tell me to start seriously getting ready for induction, so it looks like this is it! Think good thoughts for me!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Good luck Erica! My friends had to do the pee in a jar and stay in bed too. Maybe you can get some stitching done!

I am eagerly awaiting your post that says your little peanut is here.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica,

Best wishes and good luck. You're almost there! I had all of my children at 37 weeks and they are all great. I spent 4 weeks on bedrest in the hospital when the twins were born because of my blood pressure. Lived through it! You're right there!! Congrats. Hang on for the ride of your life! :O)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Yeah, I did the pee in a gas can thing too. That was ummmm interesting LOL You're so close now! Hand in there!

6:20 PM  
Blogger WhizGidget said...

Best of luck to you - I managed to avoid bedrest for my pregnancies, so I don't know what you're about to go through, but I hope it's short and painless. Here's me thinking really good thoughts for you!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Did that! It wasn't fun, and that is when they started talking induction for me. Would have done it sooner if I hadn't been sick as a dog at the time (bronchitis). Best of luck to you, P, and baby!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're down to the final stretch now!! Good luck to you and Baby McKenna!!! Best wishes for a happy safe (and fast) delivery!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Best of Luck, Erica. I was on bedrest my final month of pregnancy because my blood pressure was 140/90 and showed no signs of going down. Do what your dr. says, take it easy and prepare for little McKenna's entrance into the world. I send you tons of prayers, good thoughts and best wishes!!! I can't wait to "meet" your DD.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home