Friday, February 10, 2006

Now we're ALL sick

Well, the princess and I are, at least.

About fifteen minutes after I wrote that last blog entry, I came down with the WORST case of stomach flu I've ever had...we're talking the runs, aches, chills, nausea like you wouldn't believe, the whole thing. And SO fatigued...I have definitely caught up on my sleep.

By last night, I was feeling a little better...but still very tired and cold.

I woke up this morning and McKenna's coughing and sneezing and spitting up green crap. So I decided to stay home today and take her to the pediatrician's.

Guess what? She has ear infections in both ears! I never would have guessed! I always thought that kids with ear infections screamed their heads off. Her doctor was amazed that she wasn't screaming about it. She's a trooper like Mommy.

However, I am armed with the Gerber version of Pedialyte JUST in case she gets the stomach flu this weekend...and instructions from her doctor if it shows up.

Just keep your fingers crossed she doesn't get it, because if she does, it means that she will be miserable (I was in tears and I'm an adult that knows it's not the end of the world), I won't be able to nurse her until the diarrhea stops, and it will most likely mean that it's contagious and she can't go to school next week.

Argh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

{{{hugs}}} I hope you're feeling better very soon - both of you ! Definitely doesn't sound like fun :(

1:00 PM  
Blogger Abi said...

(((((Hugs)))) I hope that you and the Princess feel much, much better very soon.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home