Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yo estoy enferma

That's Spanish for, "I'm sick". What an understatement.

I really have no idea what happened. I was fine all day at work yesterday, came home, and got a last-minute invitation to my brother-in-law's house for dinner with them and my father-in-law. I changed McKenna and while I was nursing her, I suddenly started to feel VERY nauseous! It only got worse from there! I started feeling icky, achy, no appetite, like I was going to throw up, you name it. I went for dinner, and ate very little, and then came home and McKenna and I went to sleep in the bed at 7:30. I woke up twice to pump and get a drink and more Tylenol Cold and Sinus, but pretty much just stayed in bed willing the urge to barf away. I thought it might have been food poisoning, but I didn't have anything yesterday that would have caused it..I had yogurt for breakfast and a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and two diet Cokes and a water throughout the day. That's it.

This morning I woke up at 7:30...an hour late. I had appointments scheduled with my trainee all day today, and if there was ever a day that she needed me, it was today. And my boss K is in a training class all day, so he can't help her. Plus, I never ever call in sick to work...occasionally if I just want a day off, I'll do it, but usually I just slog through the pain and dope up on Dayquil.

After looking at me and seeing how pale I was, P was like, "Call in sick".

So I'm home today and I selfishly kept McKenna home from school to stay with me for company. If this thing that I have, whatever it is, is contagious, she's already got it anyway, and if it's something that my body is making antibodies for to fight off, it's better that she stay here with me and nurse and get the antibodies right out of the gate. After I called my boss, we both went back to sleep and we slept in today until about 11. Then I got up and made some tea and toast, and now I'm just sitting here, drinking a diet Coke and willing the nausea away.

The princess is sleeping in her swing.

So that's the status from here. Not much else to report. The milk machine's production is greatly improved from last week and going well.

I am really sad today to read about LauraLeigh's death from the Teresa Wentzler Bulletin Board. I admit that I have not been the most avid blog reader or board reader in the last year since I've been remodeling my house, having a baby and discovering the evil addiction of crackbooking, but today I read Sharon's blog and saw the news. I did not know Laura that well, but we often chatted online about various things, the main thing of late our journeys to conceive a child. She was a very nice girl and had so much to look forward to in life. Laura, you will be truly missed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

Erica, even though you are nursing, could you be pregnant again? Just a thought since you got sick out of the blue.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better!

I thought your title was funny because guess what word I learned this morning on my Spanish CD... enferma!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I don't think there is any chance that we are pregnant again. I haven't gotten my period yet, which I know in itself means nothing since I could start ovulating again at any time, but Philip has not gone out in the rain whatsoever since McKenna came without his raincoat, if you get my meaning.

But you're about the fifth person today to make that suggestion!!!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Abi said...

Erica, I hope you feel better soon!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My first thought was perhaps you're pregnant.
I hope you feel better soon.
I was also shocked to hear that Laura had died so suddenly, is there anymore news?

5:07 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Poor pookey. I hope you feel better soon. :-)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Abi said...

I just noticed your coffee section in the sidebar. :) How is the Ghiradelli coffee? You should try Green Mountain's Rainforest Nut. Its absolutely yummmy.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home