Monday, January 16, 2006

A cup of joe

When I was in college, I drank coffee like it was going out of style. I had one of those little mugs and every morning when I walked to class, I would stop at Bruegger's Bagels and get a refill.

Since I worked full-time, I lived on coffee to keep me going.

When I joined the real world, I stopped drinking coffee. I had bought a small 4-cup coffee machine, but it had no timer and I was too lazy to make coffee in the morning, so I just got out of the habit. Then it broke, and I never bothered to replace it.

But I've noticed that I've been frequenting Starbucks a little more often the last few months, and P has been drinking a cup of coffee every morning when he gets to work, so last night we bought a 12-cup Mr. Coffee at Target since he said the coffee at work is awful.

And it has a timer.

So this morning we woke up to the beautiful aroma of a wonderfully fresh brewed pot of coffee, and I was reminded after drinking a cup when I first woke up of WHY I drank so much of it in college.

Looks like I'm headed back to being a java addict again.

So today, McKenna and I have it on our list of errands to stop by Central Market and pick up some samples of their yummy flavored coffees so we can decide which ones we like and start alternating flavors. We bought just a simple Breakfast Blend by Millstone which was good, but if memory serves, the chocolate mint flavor from Central Market was especially yummy...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Welcome back to the world of the caffinated. :-) We're all very hyper here, make yourself at home. hee hee

now, i'm off for my daily dose myself!!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Just wanted to pop in and tell you what a GORGEOUS daughter you have! You deserve every happiness she brings you!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home