Sunday, December 25, 2005

McKenna's First Christmas

It was so sweet. She, of course, slept through the good parts of getting all her gifts, but we got lots of pictures to show her later. And something that I KNOW made it super special was having both grandpas there to share it with her. I'll post a picture in the next few days.

She got a great combination of stuff...lots of clothes, toys, a Baby Einstein DVD, a stuffed Bruce and Squirt (baby turtle) from Finding Nemo to go with her Dory and Nemo, more blankets, a stocking, lots and lots of books, and this really neato pewter set to save her first tooth, her first curl, and her birth certificate. And she got her first Christmas money! We're opening a savings account this week for her with it.

Now, she's sleeping hard. With all the activity and disruption of the normal routine the last few days, she's beat. I didn't even realize she HAD a routine, but I realized today after she woke up that she was CRANKY as hell, and P pointed out that it's because she's not doing her normal stuff...

And poor kid, she's going to get a new routine next week when he's home to take care of her when I'm working...and then a new one when I'm on vacation...and yet a new one when she starts daycare.

But guess what made today neat in a different way? P's brother and our sister-in-law asked me to be the godmother of their seven-month-old, S. They had asked P months ago to be the godfather, but I knew they wanted to ask someone from her family to be the godmother. Apparently the cousin they asked turned them down, so they asked me! Talk about honored...and SURPRISED! Anyway, I was really touched by that.

Tomorrow is D Day...DIET DAY. I'm dreading it. But I ate enough crap over the last five days to definitely last me until my free meal next weekend, so it's time to start cleaning it up tomorrow. I've not even thought about meals yet, and I haven't done shopping or worked out my workout plan or anything. All I know is I'm going to start tomorrow morning with high-fiber cereal and skim milk (about all I can manage with taking my dad and stepmom to the airport first thing tomorrow) and get to the gym at some point and drink nothing tomorrow but water, decaf iced tea, and diet soda, and take it from there. But seeing pictures of me today that my dad took on his laptop was inspiration enough, that's for sure.

Anyway. Merry Christmas to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home