Saturday, December 10, 2005

Our first night out alone

We went to my company's Christmas party last night and left McKenna with her aunt G and uncle M for the night. I was terrified that she would cry all night.

But she didn't! She did great and my sister-in-law said that they would watch her anytime. My little nieces V and A love their new cousin and really helped their mom at the end of the night with taking care of her. I guess to my nieces, McKenna is like a big living doll...they just love watching her and playing with her.

And the night out really did us good. I love my daughter to pieces, but a few hours alone was really really nice...and by the end of the night we were dying to see her again. And we made a conscious effort not to talk baby stuff all night. My Christmas party was at Dave and Buster's, so we played games, ate dinner, walked around and people-watched, and had a few drinks. And on the way home we stopped and got ice cream at Sonic. Nice.

So every month, we're going to plan a date night and get a babysitter. We are both in agreement that it will be very good for our psyche, our mental well-beings, and our marriage.

Tonight we are running out to do a little shopping...we want to get a new scanner and also do some Christmas shopping. I would really like to scrapbook tonight too, but I'm thinking I'm going to squeeze in a little stitching at some point this weekend...my hands, even though my fingers are still puffy, are not hurting as badly, and stitching might be therapeutic...kind of like exercise?

2 Comments:

Blogger Thutmosis said...

Little McKenna is beautiful and precious (I read your blog regularly), but I'm glad you got a little time to yourselves. I love reading your blog and seeing your pictures!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm glad you and P had a great night out! Every new mom deserves some time off being a grown up. :-)

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home