Thursday, December 08, 2005

Prime time in the daytime

I'm starting to get into a rut with television during the day, especially since McKenna has refused to sleep during the day this week. But the good news is that she is sleeping at night...a P and I are actually starting to feel normal.

Routine: two episodes of E.R., two episodes of Judging Amy, two episodes of Law and Order, Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. At least I'm getting to catch up on the episodes of 90210 and Melrose that I've missed since college...and I always thought that Judging Amy was a stupid show, but it's actually pretty captivating once you give it a chance.

My mind is turning to mush.

I have been somewhat productive this week...sort of. I've put up our Christmas tree and all the decorations, I've sorted through all my photographs again and scrapbooked P's Seattle trip pictures and my Washington D.C. photographs from high school, I've gotten some laundry done, I've had lunch with a friend, I've scheduled two needed doctor's appointments and a hair appointment, and I've gone to Target.

This past weekend, we went over to my father in law's house and collected all the photographs that we want to make copies of from P's childhood, and my dad spent some time over the last week scanning in all his pictures for me, so I should have TONS to keep me busy with scrapbooking over the next year. It's great. These pictures are so about a trip down memory lane.

The only other update I have is that I am fairly sure McKenna is going through some sort of a growth spurt. She is eating like a bottomless pit. Example: she nursed this morning for a solid HOUR and then drank two ounces of milk from a bottle.

If anyone has been reading my fertility journal, one of my little amigos is not going away, and like a good patient, I waited the sufficient amount of time after the birth to see if it would go away like my OB/GYN said, but it's not budging or getting smaller, so I called my other doctor this week to make an appointment to be seen for a surgical consult. It's not a major surgery...takes about thirty minutes in his office...but since it does involve stitches and is not the most comfortable, I will have to take some sort of pain killer. Probably Vicodin since that's what they gave me in the hospital and said that it's okay to take while breast feeding, but I'm going to try my best NOT to take it and just stick to Tylenol. But my office won't know I'm not taking it, and obviously I can't drive while taking it so there you have it! The last time I had this done, I was taken off work for a week, and the time before, two weeks, so I'm hopeful that this will extend my paid maternity leave for a week or two. We'll see.

Breakfast time! More later!

And for all of you dying for a McKenna fix, here's a current picture of my prime time in the daytime television watching buddy:

Image hosted by


Blogger Autumn said...

She looks really cute and snuggly. I like that outfit too!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ah yes, the struggles with what to watch on television when home with baby. I finally started getting caught up on all of those DVD commentaries I always wanted to watch and never had time for. Can't do that now, of course, but it worked well before L was mobile. She looks so adorable, and that onesie is fantastic!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

How adorable!!! Hope that things go well with your procedure as well!!!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home