Saturday, December 31, 2005

Welcome to 2006

It is SO weird to me to think that by the end of THIS year, McKenna will be most likely walking and talking. We have so much to look forward in 2006, I can hardly stand it!

But what did we do to bring in the New Year? Nothing exciting. We went to Babies R Us for diapers and a baby shower gift for one of my old bosses who is expecting a girl in February, a very early dinner, came home to bathe McK and put her to bed, and then watched a movie while I finished up her baby announcement. (I was given a Finding Nemo announcement at my baby shower, and tonight I stitched her name, birthdate and weight on it, so it is ready to frame!)

Oh, well. Happy New Year!

Body for Life did not go that well this week, but I'm still adjusting. It's a lot harder than I thought being a working mom. In fact, it SUCKS, but it is what it is and I'm stuck doing it for now until we figure out another solution. P is talking to his boss now about being the first to be laid off when layoffs come down so he can stay at home with her and we can cancel our daycare. In the meantime, I'm completing her enrollment forms and getting the necessary paperwork from her doctor, starting to compile the stuff for her "tote bag" (Primrose-speak for their version of the diaper bag), and making a LONG list of things that I really need to get done while I'm on vacation the next two weeks...things like renew my driver's license, take her birth announcement to the framer in Watauga, have lunch with some friends, have my car washed, get a car power adaptor for my breast pump at Babies R Us, stuff like that.

But for now, I'm going to take advantage of the long weekend. I hope everyone does the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home