Friday, April 28, 2006

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I am, of course, quoting the Gwen Stefani song, "Hollaback Girl".

McKenna is now eating solids. I started her on solids last night with very well mashed bananas mixed with a wee bit of breast milk.

I wouldn't say she gobbled it right up...I mean, she is a baby...but after giving me a few "are you crazy, mom?" looks, she opened her mouth and let me give her some.

It went a lot better than I expected. I truly expected to be wiping projectile banana puree off my shirt. She at least ate a little...and tonight ate even more.

After she ate, we took her out to dinner with us, and she was just as smiley as she could be. She's usually not that smiley late at night when she's tired. But she was content.

Maybe it was the bananas.

The lactation battle is still raging. I wouldn't say I'm winning, and I wouldn't say I'm losing. I'm just happy to be right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope it all goes well for you. I still remember that stage well.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home