Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Shrimp Monterey

If you are in the mood for shrimp scampi...try this. It's pretty darn good and SO easy, it's ridiculous. I made it for my sister while she was here and she and I and P killed the whole dish.

Shrimp Monterey

2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp salted butter
2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled/deveined/cleaned
1/2 c white wine
2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced

In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for one minute. Add shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes until shrimp is pink. Use a slotted spoon and transfer shrimp to a greased 11x7 glass baking dish. Cover with foil to keep shrimp warm. Add wine to the skillet and bring wine to a boil. Cook and stir for five minutes. Pour wine sauce over shrimp and top with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for ten minutes or until cheese is melted.

What I liked about this dish: It was quick, full of garlic flavor, and fancy enough to serve for company.
What I disliked about this dish: A little heavy on the cheese. Next time I make it, I will probably go with one cup of cheese instead of two.
Cool kitchen gadgets used: My food processor to the rescue again with the Monterey Jack. Why do they not sell M Jack preshredded?
Tastiness factor: Excellent. Purely excellent. I will definitely make this again. And frozen shrimp worked just fine with it...fresh good shrimp is not easy to come by in big D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home