Monday, September 20, 2004

I finally got a big fire!

And it's a BAD one. C is going to get to find out tomorrow if she truly wants to do this or not! It's a little house. It's old. It's run-down. It's in a horrible neighborhood. It's totally burned out and a total gut. The house is underinsured. The homeowner abandoned the house. PERFECT! Anyway, can't wait to see this shack tomorrow. I called my investigator (thank god he has a concealed handgun license) and we're out there tomorrow if I can get ahold of the people at the bank.

Today was a day from hell. I drove over 150 miles today around town to and from all my claims, and a day like that with lots of windshield time just isn't that fun. And since I'm going to be out in the field again tomorrow, I gotta work tonight, which is why this will be short. I'm sleeping in Wednesday, that's all there is to it! Our performance period for the year is up on September 30, and I just need to make sure everything is perfect when they do the snapshot for the year on September 30. I don't want any excuse for not getting the maximum raise possible in January!

I also need to do some laundry. I'm down to one bra left that is clean! That's not good. I am proud to announce though that my ticket to Florida is booked!

I'm waiting for P to get back right now with chicken salads for dinner, and for my computer to synchronize so I can work peacefully until bed, but in the meantime...how about a meme?

Monday Madness! (Oh, isn't that the truth!!!!!)

1. My ________ is the most used piece of furniture in my house. My computer desk. I'm here working or emailing a lot.
2. The one electronic 'gadget' that I use most often is my ________. My laptop! But my mp3 player is coming up right behind it!
3. My favorite appliance, and the one I absolutely cannot live without is the _______. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say I can't live without it, but I positively ADORE my KitchenAid mixer. It makes cooking a pleasure!
4. One thing that I thought I just HAD to have at one time, and I now barely ever use, is my _______. Food processor. I still love it, but it is such a pain to clean and wash that I just find myself using other things to chop food.
5. I find it easiest to keep in touch with family and friends via ________. Duh! Email!
6. I own more cd's (or other music media) than I do _________. DVDs. I'm just starting to build my DVD collection and replace stuff that is on VHS.
7. All my important addresses are stored in/on my _________. My Sony Clie. It's a personal digital assistant.
8. If I had to live without TWO keys on my keyboard, I would choose _________. Q and X.
9. I probably own about _____ pieces of software that I haven't used in years. At least fifty. I don't even know why I still keep the stuff!
10. There are a few food items that I try NEVER to run out of, and those would be __________. Eggs, cereal, oatmeal, bananas, apples, tea bags, pickles, diet Coke with lime, Lean Cuisines, and milk. Definitely my top ten list of must-haves!

Okay, my salad is here and my puter is just about done syncing. More tomorrow!!! I'll be sure and let you all know just how bad that fire was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home