Thursday, September 23, 2004

The perfect nail polish!

I found a new nail polish last night at Albertson's when P and I stopped on the way home "just to pick up a few things" (funny how that always turns into major grocery shopping) and it is just the PERFECT shade, I have decided! It's awesome. It's a very pale shade of matte pink called Sheer Summer Blossom, by Sally Hansen, and it just looks great. It's got just the right amount of color to it to cover and look like I'm wearing nail polish, but is sheer enough that you can still see the white of my nail through it. It's very delicate, pretty, and really achieves the look of a French manicure without going to the trouble with the nail guides. I love it.

It doesn't take much to make me happy, I suppose.

So, no journal entry last night, unfortunately...by the time we got home from the gym/grocery store, it was 10:30, 11 by the time I ate, and then I spent the last hour doing laundry, checking email and turning my nails into Sheer Summer Blossom beauties. It's okay though...I didn't have much to say anyway. I spent most of the day at the office sitting in my cube listening to my mp3 player and working away diligently. Today, pretty much the same...although I had the pleasure of writing my estimate in front of C for that fire the other day and dazzling her at how fast I can write estimates. Little does she know that she will be equally as fast in about six months...just takes some getting used to knowing the codes in our computer program. You can only type PNT B2 so many times before you start memorizing that it is the abbreviation for paint baseboards with two coats of paint! Anyway, it would have been an even more productive day if I hadn't been trapped by my boss at her desk for an hour trying to figure out a mess of an estimate that T wrote before jetting to Florida to play in the hurricanes. Oh, well. I do think C learned a lot today from watching me write my estimate, and she's sufficiently intimidated, but that's okay...I was intimidated too when I started doing this last summer. I think it's good to start out intimidated so you're not overly confident and try to go too fast...because that's when you make dumb mistakes.

One question I would love the answer to is when am I going to get to stitch again? I can't believe I haven't stitched since Saturday! *sigh* I'm thinking that this is just a busy time right now and it'll get better...at least, it has to! At least tomorrow is Friday!

Memes, memes, memes!!!! Two days worth!

Wednesday Matinee!

1. What's your favorite science fiction movie? The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Trek vs. Star Wars: who wins? No question, Star Wars!
3. Who's your favorite sci-fi actor? William Shatner...I loved him in the Star Trek movies.
~Robots Will Rule The Earth Bonus~ Who's your favorite robot (android, cyborg, etc)? I can't remember his name, but I LOVED Robin Williams' robot character in Bicentennial Man. I just thought that was great!

Theater Thursday!

1. Do you remember the very first time you watched a movie on the big screen? Describe it. I don't remember anything about the actual experience, but it was E.T.
2. What was the last movie you saw on the big screen? Taking Lives.
3. Did you ever like a movie so much that you paid to watch it more than once? If so, what movie? I saw Titanic in the theater three times. And now I own it on VHS and on DVD.
BONUS) How much does a movie ticket cost in your neck of the woods? $7.50, I think. I haven't been to the movies in a while.

Thursday's Tattle...

What do you drink first thing in the morning? English Breakfast tea with skim milk and Splenda.
What do you drink mostly throughout the day? Diet Coke with lime, water, and iced tea.
Do you like cold coffee drinks? I like mocha frappucinos from Starbucks with raspberry syrup.
Do you like coffee? Yes!
Do you like the taste of alcohol? Well, alcohol itself is pretty tasteless, but I do like the flavor of liquors like Bailey's, Malibu rum, Chambord, peach schnapps, etcetera.
What do you drink when you have a drink with liquor in it? Margarita on the rocks! I also like strawberry margaritas, pina coladas, a drink called Sex on the Beach, White Russians, Fuzzy Navels and Bellinis. Apple martinis are good, and chocolate martinis are awesome!

Okay, on that note, it's time for me to go to bed! I'm tired yet again and tomorrow's going to be a full day of work. Blah. But at least I have a sushi date with S and C. Sushi Friday...that's starting to be a weekly thing with me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home