Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Steak and Shake

That's what I was craving in a BIG way today. I even was so proud of myself today when coming home from my fire that I was able to resist stopping and getting it...I drove right by it and got grilled chicken. And then tonight...I gave in! (Stacey, I lost the good fight!) And boy, was it tasty! One thing I love is a good hamburger, and this one was fantastic! If you have not had the pleasure of Steak and Shake, I highly recommend it. They have the best milkshakes...I split one with P.

But I officially feel like an unmotivated slug. There was the Steak and Shake tonight, but I haven't stitched since Saturday and I haven't been to the gym since Saturday. *sigh* At least up until tonight I've eaten somewhat decently, so there is that.

So, are you wondering how bad the fire was? Well, there was quite a bit of damage...and the house was definitely a shack. I sometimes just utterly grapple with the way people live. Granted, I'm no neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes I just shake my head and laugh! And lo and behold...it started when the lady left a cigarette burning on the bed. I bet if I went back and looked at all of my fires, about half of them would be related to smoking materials, and once the mattresses ignite, they are like timber boxes! And this house had all the clothes in the house hanging on a clothes rod in front of the windows, so...it was all she wrote in that room for sure. So...my fire lesson for today...don't put an ashtray on the bed with a cigarette in it! It's funny though. I haven't had a fire with that heavy of smoke damage or that extensive of charring in a while, so when I got home, I stunk of fire. I immediately got in the shower, of course, which helped, but the armband to my mp3 player smells, my backpack, my clothes, my shoes...and since I'm having to resensitize (is that even a word?) my nose to the smell of burned house again, it's kind of strange.

C did well, but she said that she is very intimidated and can't ever imagine feeling as proficient as I am at this fire game. I told her that I felt the SAME way when I started and we all have to start somewhere! I still think she's going to be great. I had her tell me what she would estimate for as we were walking through the house, and she did exactly what I did in almost every situation! She's going to ROCK!

And guess what I heard today? My office decided to throw out the whole retarded efficiency measure that was going to take place next week, which is a good thing, but it's a little late now to tell me that after I worked ALL freaking weekend and until 2 am last night. Grr. Thanks, people. Do you feel the love coming from this bitter adjuster? Do ya? DO YA?

Now my memes. Ah, I love my memes! The first one, Tuesday Twosome, deals with sleep...something that I deeply treasure!

1. How many hours on average do you get daily and is it enough? Usually about seven, and no, I don't think it's enough. Optimally, I think nine hours would be perfect, but that'll never happen unless they lengthen the day! Besides, I can sleep when I'm dead, right?
2. Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in a bed? I can sleep ANYWHERE.
3. When you go to sleep, does it you need to be absolutely quiet or do you need a little noise (radio or TV)? I need a little noise or the silence will deafen me, give me a migraine, and keep me awake. A radio or tv will do if there is nothing else, but ideally I prefer either the hum of a fan or a noise machine that plays sounds. I have one that plays ocean, babbling brook, thunderstorm and forest, and it is very nice...my favorite sound to fall asleep to is the ocean.
4. Name two things/situations that can ruin your sleep. Dead silence as established...and heat. I can not sleep if I am hot. I had to live one weekend with our air conditioner broken, and I told P that would never happen again...hotel city next time.
5. Name two things you "must have" in order to sleep comfortably. A fan and a pillow.

And...a new meme courtesy of one of my new friends that I made through Sunday Brunch! Thank you, Toni, for the invitation to participate in your meme! Yes, I realize it's Tuesday, but that's ok...I like the questions! Here's the Saturday Special!

1. Where do you usually eat lunch? As sad as this is, in my car. Since I'm driving around most of the day, I usually am eating while I'm driving. I've just about got it down...I can eat a grilled chicken sandwich or a grilled chicken wrap and fruit now while driving without getting anything on my clothes. It's an art.
2. How many hours a day do you watch tv? Maybe 1-2 hours during the week and 3-5 on the weekend? Depends on what I've got going on.
3. What is your busiest day of the week? Friday. I'm always scrambling to wrap everything up before the weekend!
4. How often do you write letters? Every day. I send out correspondence with every one of my claim payments, and of course, there are the claims that I have to deny, so letters go out for those too.
5. How often do you speak on the telephone? Constantly. During the work day, I usually make anywhere from 3-10 phone calls an hour. Nature of the job!

As much as I'd love to stay up and watch the rest of Howard Stern's Private Parts, I think I probably should hit the sack. I'm tired! Good night!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love when the instincts are right? That's great about C too.
Stasha
www.shondratasha.com

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Moira,

Enjoyed reading your blog and your Saturday Special. :) Thanks for joining.

Toni
http://tonistattlings.com/satspecial.html

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stake and Shake Rules!!!!!! We ate there on Saturday with my parents and then we stopped later that evening for another milkshake!!! Now I have to be very very good this week to make up for it. I even got off my duff and worked out on my little machine. You would be proud.

Did you use your Vicks at the fire? As for your MP3 band, maybe you can wash it. Or invest in some Febreeze and douse that thing good.

Good luck. --Dana

9:34 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Erica, I musta been thinking about you last night, because I had a dream about Steak and Shake! (With what little time I have to dream) I haven't eaten there in a long time, but I'm thinking it's about time to go back!

Just to let you know, I answered your questions on my blog feedback!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home