Saturday, November 20, 2004

Welcome to the world, Z!

This is going to be brief, because I have a million things to do today, most of which include work, but I wanted to post and tell everyone that my friend C's son was born at 10:10 pm Thursday night at 7 lbs, 5 oz, and 19 1/2 inches. I spent about four hours with them last night visiting, and he's just adorable. C is very tired and is hurting quite a bit from the C-section they had to do since the 28 hours of labor were unproductive, but she's happy, her husband M is happy, and Z, her son, is just a perfect little bundle of joy. She's breast feeding with no problem, and just doing great.

I, on the other hand, have been scrambling like CRAZY to get her work (and mine) done the last few days. It's been insane. I finally picked up all her stuff at her house last night around 9, and today I get the joyous job of sorting through it all and calling everyone to let them know that yes, she's out for 12 weeks, yes, I'm the new adjuster, and no, their claims will not be paid until the week after Thanksgiving, if that. And there's quite a list of stuff to do...it's unreal. I'm trying to keep a positive and brave face for C's sake, but it's going to be VERY ugly, and the week after my vacation is going to be horrible. It's going to make it hard to enjoy my trip to Florida knowing the impending doom that is waiting for me, but I'm going to try. At least Queenie promised they won't save any fires for me next week while I'm out. She already emailed the office and told them that if any big fires come in, the regular adjusters are just going to have to suck it up and do it. It's really not anything either that she can reassign to anyone else....I'm the only adjuster in the office that is familiar with how to work fire claims. Queenie can help, and she said that she would, but she's got stuff to do too. Oy, it's just going to be ugly! Ugly!

On a brighter note, my pregnancy seems to have hit a nice point. My nausea was at a minimum this week, I was tired but not unbelievably so, and I'm hungry and thirsty just about all the time. There is a lot of pressure on my bladder, which supports my theory that my uterus is expanding and making me start to show. At first, I thought I was just getting fat, but P asked why it was just the baby pouch that was getting bigger if I was just getting fat. Yeah, good point. So far, I've eliminated four of my pairs of jeans (the close fitting ones) and I'm on my way to eliminating the others, I know it. It's not going to be long before I have to go shopping for maternity clothes.

I really don't have time today for memes...but if things calm down the next two days before I fly to Florida, I'll get to it. I'm taking my laptop with me to Florida, so hopefully I'll have some time at night to catch up on my blog reading and blogging.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

I'm glad your nausea has lessened. That's just such an icky feeling.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home