Saturday, October 30, 2004

Our anniversary: five years



Today is our anniversary. Five years ago today we got married. Five years ago as of now, I was looking out the window and bemoaning the rain and wondering how I was going to keep my hair dry as I got my shoes on to go have my manicure, and my husband was just waking up on a friend's sofa. How much things change, and how much my life has altered in the last five years!

We are going to be busy today, but not like you think! *grin* I think we are going to start working on fixing up our cabinets. I was at Sharon's house yesterday for a birthday lunch and a fun afternoon of stitching, and I was inspired after seeing how great she and her husband made her cabinets look, which appeared to be in about the same condition as mine pre-project, and I talked it over with P last night, so I think in a little while, after we eat, walk the dogs, and figure out what the heck is wrong with our dryer, we are going to go to Home Depot in search of hardware, pulls, Kilz and oil paint for our cabinets. Oh, yeah, and Grease Lightning to get off the layers of nastiness on our cabinets from all the years of tenant neglect. (Our house used to be a rental property.) We may even buy a paint gun. I expect that this is NOT going to be a project that we are going to finish this weekend. We are probably going to do it in stages, and see how long it takes us, but my cabinets are driving me insane, and since I spent the other day thoroughly cleaning it, it's really the closest thing to being ready to being painted. The next closest area is the bathroom, but there are some drywall repairs to be done, and we haven't quite figured out yet how we are going to retexture the patches. Probably fodder for another Home Depot trip, I'm sure.

Tonight, we will probably go out to dinner, but where, we don't know yet. I've asked to go to Maggiano's, but I don't know if P will be up for that. I'll post the details tomorrow. The GOOD thing is that I am not feeling sick! YAY! No morning sickness today.

Last night was enjoyable...ha! I finally got to see firsthand just how important this election is to the country. For the first time EVER since I was old enough to vote, I actually had to wait to cast my ballot...for TWO hours. It was crazy. They had early voting last night, and P was like, "Oh, let's just go get it over with." So I waited from 6 pm to 8 pm. And I learned a valuable lesson in line...never ever let on to anyone in public that you are pregnant, especially in a place where you can't walk away, unless you want to hear all the details of THEIR pregnancy and get all kinds of embarrassing advice, such as, "You know you won't be able to paint your toes or shave your legs when you are at the end, right?" Oh, that never occurred to me. Duh! Anyway, I did my civic duty.

No memes today. I'm going to pass. Too much on my plate today, and I better get busy! Happy Saturday to all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Happy Anniversary!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Happy Anniversary Erica and P!!! May you have many, many more happy years!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Congratulations Erica! I hope you had a great day and I'm happy to read that you are feeling a little better.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!!! - Kari

7:46 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Hope you had a great one! I had no idea that yours was so close to mine! :)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home