Thursday, October 28, 2004

My first lunar eclipse

Believe it or not, I've never seen a lunar eclipse before. When I heard last night on the news that this would be the last one until 2007, I made sure I didn't miss it. I tried to get a photograph, but I guess my digital camera isn't too good for astronomic pictures. There were a lot of clouds that kept interfering with the view, but it was windy, and they moved fast. I was able to get a great view of it several times. So cool. I didn't quite feel that awe that people speak of though....that awe of "gee, that's how big the Earth really is!"...but it was still very cool. I saw a solar eclipse when I was ten during a field day in school, but I barely remember it. There's supposed to be another one next spring, and I definitely will make a point to see that one too.

And by coincidence, the Red Sox won their first World Series since 1918. Talk about amazing. I love it when the underdog wins and overcomes great odds to triumph in the end. I'm not really a baseball fan (let's face it, the Rangers are awful) but I did kind of find myself starting to like the Sox and I enjoyed watching the Series.

The only thing I accomplished yesterday before getting exhausted was thoroughly cleaning our kitchen and putting away all of our supplements and vitamins and stuff that we aren't going to use. I even got out the bleach and bleached our sinks and wiped down our counters with bleach. It smells great in there now. I'm sure it won't last though. Philip and I are both slobs. We tell each other all the time how much we wish that one of us was a neat freak. If one of the spouses is a neat freak, it will rub off on the other, and if both are neat freaks, then they will drive each other crazy or live in harmony, but if both people are slobs, they are pretty much doomed. Yesterday was a great day eatingwise though. I woke up hungry, and ate great all day. The only sickness I felt was a tad of acid reflux right before bed which I think was because I drank some orange juice with my eggs and toast.

Today, I feel sick. I woke up tired (despite sleeping every minute of a full eight hours) and without the slightest bit of appetite. I look in the mirror, and I look like death warmed over. My face is pale, dry and scaly, and my hair is dull, lifeless and a shadow of its former silky self. And my breath is terrible, of course. I swear, if I didn't know I was pregnant, I'd think I had the flu or something. P took me out to lunch, and he said he's never seen me pick at my food as much as I did today. (I was eating a salad.) It just feels like it takes SO much effort to do anything, including eating. Plus, my boobs are already starting to get tender and sore. Joy. I had great plans today to clean our dining room and living room, but after lunch, P just asked me to pick up a little, and he'd do the rest tonight. I just want to get in some warm yoga pants and vegetate on the couch for the day with my stitching. The dogs are sleeping, and the house is quiet. It's a perfect time to just get comfy and stitch quietly.

Time for some memes...at least the Thursday memes are still lively! I guess I just need to find some new Wednesday memes.

3x Thursday:

1. Are you registered to vote? Why/why not? If you are registered, will you actually go vote this year? I am registered to vote because I feel that if you DON'T vote, then you have no right to complain. Even though my vote will not matter one bit (Bush is going to carry Texas no matter what), I am still going to go vote.
2. Many people feel this particular election is very important this time around. Do you know why? Do you agree with it? I agree that this election is very important, because I feel that it is going to play a big part in not only the future of this country, but world events.
3. Do you think that the citizens of this country actually have a say-so in what goes on, or do you think the government just wants us to think we do? We're going on 230 years of this particular form of running the government....does it work? Yes, I think we do have a say-so in what happens in this country, even if it takes a while to make ourselves heard. I think this form of running the government works VERY well, although I really think we need to get rid of the electoral college and go back to a popular vote.


Theater Thursday:

1) What's your favorite scary movie? There have been a lot that have been added to the list, like The Ring, but my overall favorite scary movie is Seven.
2) Are you more into the lame scary movies that make you laugh, or the straight up - scare the bejesus out of you - scary movies? The scare the bejesus out of you movies.
3) Scary movies - best viewed alone? Or with a crowd? With another person. A crowd makes me too jumpy.
BONUS) You've parked your behind on the couch for a marathon of scary movies. What 5 scary movies are on your list? Seven, Copycat, The Ring, Jaws, and The Silence of the Lambs.

Thursday Threesome:

Onesome: Roll-- On a roll lately? What have you been up to where things just keep falling into place (maybe you're a Red Sox fan)? Yeah, what's working (even if it's just the TV)? I felt like things have really fallen into place by me getting pregnant so quickly. Sure does make our life plan go much smoother!
Twosome: Top-- Top of the world? What's the highest point you've ever been? No, the airliner doesn't count, I'm talking about standing somewhere . Have you made it to the roof? ...the Eiffel Tower? Mt. McKinley? How high is high for you? The highest I've ever been was at the top of the World Trade Center when I was thirteen and on a trip to New York City with my family. Thirteen years prior to the attacks.
Threesome: Desk-- Hey, what type of setup do you have for your computer work? Are you working from a laptop while sitting on the couch? ...or maybe you have a high tech workstation/hutch combo with mood lighting and soothing music? No? How about the kitchen table? Where do you post and work from? Nothing fancy. I have one of our bedrooms converted into an office. I have a small particle board desk that my husband got for free from his boss at work. My laptop and all my office stuff is on it. We have a corner desk for our home PC. The walls of our office are painted lavender and we have a few Thomas Kincade prints on the walls, my college diploma, and some cross stitch pieces. Our curtains are white sheers. And the carpet is denim blue. That's about it.


Thursday Tattle:

Have you ever said you forgot to call someone back but you really didn't forget? Yes, mostly with work stuff though.
Have you ever driven your children to school in your pajamas? No kids yet, but I've walked my dogs in my pajamas. Does that count?
Have you ever bleached your teeth? I did for my wedding, yes.
Have you ever given someone a gift that you yourself received as a gift? I'm sure I've done this at some point, yes, but I can't remember who or what.
Have you ever brought a dish to a party and said you made it yourself but you really bought it at the store? No, never.
Have you ever been at the register and when you are given the total amount which you know is lower than it really should be...do you say anything? I hate to admit it, but yes, this has happened, and no, I don't say anything!

Have a great Thursday and thanks for reading.


1 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I hope you get over the ickiness soon. Mine lasted about 8 weeks. For me, the best solution was to eat a couple of soda crackers every hour or so. And definitely don't drink orange juice right before bed! The heartburn will kill you. Get used to the sore boobs, too. That was my tip off that I was pregnant (not PMSing). It did go away into the second trimester, but it's back and majorly worse at times now that I'm breastfeeding. Joy. Sleep as much as you can now! It'll be over as soon as the little one gets here, but you won't mind (well, not that much, LOL).

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home