Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Biggest Loser

My first day of vacation was wonderful. I washed sheets and bedding, watched television, worked out, and started Christmas Elegance. So much for Emerald City! I was dying to start something new. It was great. Christmas Elegance was the first Mirabilia pattern that I acquired, years ago, and I've been waiting a long time to start it.

To answer a question I got a lot yesterday about the dental cleaning, I have heard from a few different sources and read in a few books that all dental work, even cleaning, should be avoided until after the baby is born because bacteria in the mouth that builds up under your gums can be loosened when they do the scraping and go right into your body, which can harm the baby who doesn't have a strong immune system yet. But, thanks to the articles that Kristen posted for me, I guess I'm safe then and I'll be having a cleaning done if my doctor says it's ok! I'll check with her when I go in for my appointment. I'd like to have my teeth cleaned if it's safe! This breath problem is getting bad. I bought a huge bottle of Listerine last night at the store. I hate to use that stuff, but this is horrible. I brush my teeth, and about five minutes later, the bad taste in my mouth is back again. I did a little research this morning on it just to make sure, and one of the causes of halitosis is listed as "hormonal changes", so there you go.

Not much going on here today. My big task for today is to get the house somewhat picked up and vaccuumed, and continue with the laundry saga which I am convinced is never-ending. I'd also like to go to the gym tonight. I stayed in last night and did my treadmill at home, which was nice, but I'd like to get out and do legs tonight and maybe do a little light Stairmaster. VERY light Stairmaster though...that thing can get my heart rate pumping if I'm not careful.

A new reality show that I am watching right now is The Biggest Loser. Anyone else watching it? This is the new reality show where the contestants compete Survivor-style to see who can lose the most weight. You see, of course, why it's so appealing to me, even though I don't agree with the way they are doing it. I think the way they are going about losing this weight is too drastic and too fast, and it is going to be hard on their kidneys, despite having a doctor supervise them or whatever crap NBC is spouting. Anyway, my heart is breaking for these people, because I can imagine why it is so hard for them to lose weight and how frustrating they are finding this. Last night they had their second weigh-in, and a lot of them only lost a few pounds, compared to the huge WHOOSH they had the first week. P was laughing at me...I was yelling at the screen, "It's water weight, it's water weight! Stick with it!" But I remember so well how frustrating that battle was...you lose a lot one week, work even harder the second week, and lose nothing. Ugh. It's a roller coaster. Anyway, the girl that got voted off, just like the one from last week, was voted off because she wasn't as large as the others and therefore, didn't have the potential to lose as much weight as the others, even though she was working harder than the others in my opinion. For example, there is this guy on the show, Maurice, who is the largest one on the show at 436# and who, in my opinion, isn't really trying. They keep showing shots of him eating bacon and beef brisquet at meals. He even said last night on the show something to the effect of that he wasn't following the "Eat Less" or "Eat More" diet (the two schools of thoughts for the two different teams) but that he was following the "Eat To Get Full" diet which I guess is his plan. At any rate, he didn't lose anything this past week. It was just sad to see the girl that DID get voted off, get voted off because she was just smaller than the others. Oh, well. It's still a compelling show to watch and I can't wait to see next week's episode. There are very detailed recaps of the first two shows on their website if you want to catch up...it's an easy show to watch.

Anyway, I guess that's all I have to report. Time to start day #2 of my vacation!

No memes today. A few of them are dying slow deaths!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I've been curious about The Biggest Loser, but haven't been able to catch an episode yet. I'll have to look into it now, it sounds intriguing! I've been sticking to my BFL, and have even lost 1.25" off my waist in the last 2 weeks! The pregnancy weight is coming off slowly but surely! Sounds like you are doing great so far! I wish I had kept working out and eating clean during my pregnancy, then maybe I wouldn't have so much to lose now ;)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home