Saturday, October 23, 2004

My first play date!

Today is going to be busier than I thought!

First, I woke up at 5:45 am to take a third pregnancy test...just to be sure. It was the kind with the lines, and that second line came right up. So any doubt still in my mind is gone!

I kinda didn't want to eat breakfast...because I knew it would make me sick. So I made a few phone calls, talked to my dad and my mom again, and then made some hash browns in canola oil, egg whites, and toast. And promptly felt nauseous. Blah. Then about two hours later, I was hungry for pizza, so I ate the last two pieces from the other night. Craziness. Thank goodness for sparkling water and saltines. It seems to be the only thing keeping the barfing at bay!

This morning we got our FIRST invitation for a "play date"...C and her husband M called to invite us over for dinner. They are going to barbeque tri-tips, which is a big thing in California where they are from, and I'm going to bring a key lime pie, which is what I'm going to go out and get the stuff for in a few minutes. I say it's my first play date because this is our first outing with adults with children! They have a seven-year-old son and of course, C is due at the end of November, and we've talked about hanging out with our kids together.

Turns out it didn't rain, but there's not enough time to get our stuff organized to paint. I desperately need to get some work done tomorrow before my vacation. Maybe next weekend.

Anyway, that's all from here. Still no time to do some memes...maybe tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Erica, I was away at CATS all weekend and was just checking in when I read your wonderful news. I am so happy for you and wish you an uneventful pregnancy and I wish you all the best for the beautiful son or daughter that will arrive in about nine months. Being a mom is the best job in the universe. I would never trade it for anything. Congrats to you and your DH!!!!!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

OMG! Erica! I missed your last post and just saw the news! CONGRATS! I know how excited you are! Be sure to enjoy your pregnancy (it gets much better by the third month)! Yay! I'm so excited for you!

10:22 AM  
Blogger The Bookworm said...

Hi Erica, I came by to play sunday brunch, and saw that you are pregnant!!! Wow!!! Congratulations hon! that is awesome. Dont worry the morning sickness passes. I should know, I have 2 kids :P
You must be so excited. Best wishes to you and hubby!
Naida

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home