Thursday, March 24, 2005

Finding Nemo

I think I've pretty much decided that I'm going to take the ocean theme one step further with my nursery and use a lot of Finding Nemo stuff. I had bought a stuffed Dory and Nemo at EPCOT back in November when I was there with my dad and stepmom, and Saturday, when we were at Home Depot searching for a dishwasher, I saw the cutest Finding Nemo wallpaper border. THEN, Sunday, we found the movie for $11.99 at Wal-Mart.

It's a sign.

Plus, Noah's Submarine would go SO well with a Finding Nemo decor.

I'm not buying nuttin or stitching a stitch on Noah's Submarine until I see that heartbeat on the screen Tuesday, but I did do a little surfing tonight online. There is some really cute stuff for Finding Nemo out there. I found this really adorable lamp at the Disney Store...with a wonderful little disclaimer under it: WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Sorry, no gift boxing available. Yeah. Just what this paranoid mother-to-be wants to read! It's probably something wrong with the paint.

So, I took a pass on the lamp. But I'm still looking, so if anyone finds any cute stuff that is in a Finding Nemo theme, let me know!

Let's see...what else is going on. Well, I have discovered some more charming little side effects to having an alien growing inside me. The bottoms of my feet get really hot right before I go to bed every night...so hot that I have to rinse them in ice cold water just to be able to go to sleep. My hands are hurting when I do odd things like open a pickle jar, plug in my hair dryer, etcetera, and P pointed out to me that pregnant women are susceptible to carpal tunnel syndrome, which I have suspected for years that I have because of the endless hours I spend typing and stitching.

And today, I chewed out this contractor that called our office "stalking"...meaning that she was looking for work. She called up there asking for the name of the after-hours adjuster this week. The clerical that answered the phone didn't know what to do and I overheard her asking one of the supervisors. Yeah. I was itching to get this woman! So I told C to transfer the call to me and basically in a professional way told this woman to STOP STALKING US and to let us call her if we need her! Grr! One of my biggest pet peeves is contractors that actively solicit work. I can't stand that. It's basically the equivalent of someone cold-calling me at home to sell me something I don't need. Grr! Anyway, the clerical and the supervisor that were there to overhear it got quite a kick out of the whole scene. Hardy har har.

Tomorrow is Christmas Day at our office...it is Profit Sharing Day! It's the best and most fun day of the entire year at our entire company. It's starting tomorrow at 11:30 with a catered lunch. Then, we are having Jeopardy finals. Our office always plays email Jeopardy during the week of Profit Sharing with the finals on Friday. This year, yours truly is one of the finalists! How I managed that, I have no idea. I'm sure it was because Queenie is out of town...usually she wins. Then we are having a catered lunch, a raffle for a bunch of gift cards, and then we are caravaning downtown to listen to a taped presentation from our CEO, get our bonus checks, and then it's party time! Usually we all head out for Happy Hour since our company closes down at noon...no new assignments after noon on Friday! Of course, this year I won't be drinking! But that's okay...I made my friends promise we'd go somewhere that I can get something to eat!

So, that's my day today and my day tomorrow. I'm off to bed to read for a bit before I slip into my nightly coma.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

It always amuses me to read " a chemical known to the State of California "...does California have some kind of first-dibs on finding out what chemicals are cancer-causing?!?!

I think a Finding Nemo room sounds really cute, lots of bright colours. Enjoy your Profit Sharing Day!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

The Finding Nemo theme is a great idea! Love the movie! Dory's my favorite :) I have a pregnant friend who is a hairdresser who got carpel tunnel during her pregnancy. Her hands go completely numb and she has to wear wrist braces to bed. Be careful!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for Nemo stuff for my son's room right now. He's almost two, and just loves "Momo". Haven't hit Home Depot yet, but hopefully the border will be available up here in Canada, too. I've seen it on Ebay, but would rather buy it from a 'real' store. There's just something about seeing it in person.

Can't believe you're doing that x-stitch! I did that same one for my daughter. I actually started it before I was even pregnant with her and it took me the better part of a year to complete. What a sense of accomplishment when finished, though. Now it is proudly hung in her room. Looks like you're well on your way!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home