Thursday, March 10, 2005

More tests...

...and I'm still pregnant. I took another one first thing this morning just to be sure, and then I bought one of the pregnant/not pregnant ones. I got a pregnant in about twenty seconds, so I think I'm good.

My doctor is seeing me Tuesday morning to draw blood to check my beta levels. Ah, it's nice to be special. Last time she didn't even want to see me until I had missed two periods, but this time, I get the red carpet treatment and the tiara!

I was very well-behaved at work and only told four people. I did inspect one roof this afternoon (already planned, couldn't be helped) but my boss is WELL AWARE that it is my last and I won't be getting any more. If I have to get on a roof for a fire, I'll just have to call a contractor.

Thank you, everyone, for the great wishes. I've been waiting three months, three days and about fifteen hours to see that positive result on my tests. It was truly a wonderful feeling to see it and I breathed the biggest sigh of relief that this hell is over, at least for now.

So, how am I feeling, you wonder? I feel pretty good. Not bouncing off the walls excited like I was last time, but I knew I wouldn't be...that first-time pregnant innocence is gone. I am a tad worried, and I'm reserving the really happy happy joy joy excitement for when the first trimester is over...or at least, until I see the heartbeat, which, if my calculations are correct, will be in about three weeks.

The one thing I AM doing though is giving in and going to buy some bigger clothes this weekend. I've been fighting with my tight fitting low-rise work pants and tight fitting low cut t-shirts for a few weeks now, and last night before I went to bed, I realized that I was retaining a LOT of water. It was quite the panic attack when I realized that I might have nothing to wear for my meetings today. Today when I woke up, it was fine and I could get into my pants with no problem, but I'm not going to worry like that for the next thirty-six weeks. I'm just going to have to accept that I'm pregnant, I'm NOT going to be slim for a while, and just suck it up and be comfortable. There is plenty of time to lose weight and diet after I give birth and start breast-feeding, and in the meantime I want to be comfortable.

Well, I'm off...we rented Ladder 49 and I'd like to get a little stitching done since I didn't do any last night, and then I'll probably fall asleep early. That's the one thing that is returning quickly...the fatigue. I was yawning all day today in my meetings. Oh, I remember those days well...I remember falling asleep at Epcot during the shows!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man - look what happens when I miss a day of reading!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

YAY Erica. I am sooo soooo very very happy for you. I tried posting a comment last night but blogger wouldn't let me.

Congratulations and I wish you a healthy and wonderful 9 months!!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations Erica

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm a bit late getting to this, but I'm so pleased for you. I'll be thinking lots and lots of good thoughts for you.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jill in CA said...

Congratulations Erica!!! I was out of town so I missed your posts. I am wishing you a very healthy and uneventful :) pregnancy!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Congratulations! I'm wishing you the best on this one :)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Congratulations! I'm wishing you the best on this one :)

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee Erica! I'm so happy for you. I wish you a wonderfully exciting nine months.

Fiona

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home