Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Notebook

I am not a person who cries at romantic movies. I just don't. I tear up every time I watch Armageddon, Beaches, Deep Impact, any movie that has anything to do with a dog or cat dying, Apollo 13, The Horse Whisperer, and probably a few others that I can't remember.

This one had me crying. And it touched me so much that I went out and bought the DVD the next day for full price AND the book, and read the book in one afternoon.

Here's the website for more information...it's amazing. This is definitely a book and a movie I would recommend. It is one of the best stories I have ever heard of. I won't say anything more so I don't give it away, but if you are looking for a tearjerker, go get this movie. Now!

I don't have much to share today. I was utterly unproductive all weekend. I ate out with P quite a bit, went and got waxed yesterday (brows, upper lip and Brazilian), shopped yesterday, stitched, and inventoried our movie collection today. We decided a few days ago that we are going to start slowly replacing our VHS collection over the next year or so. Our VHS tapes sound SO horrible on our television with our new sound system, and DVDs are getting cheaper and cheaper every day, so I inventoried our VHS collection today and made a list of all of the tapes we want to get on DVD. We already have a good head start, and tonight when we were at Target, we picked up a bunch of them for $7.50 each. It's amazing how cheap DVDs are getting!

Tonight, I have no loftier plans than to do some laundry, stitch, watch movies, and just be a couch potato. I incline-walked on our treadmill this afternoon for thirty minutes, which I was proud of, and I plan on repeating that every day this week! I have no excuses now that I can't work long days!

Ta-ta for now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

I haven't read The Notebook yet, but I did see the movie when it came out in the summer. I agree that it was absolutely wonderful!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I have read the book (twice), but I haven't seen the movie....yet. I want to badly, though! Even more, now that you gave it such good reviews ;)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home