Thursday, January 13, 2005

Welcome home, Aunt Flo!

I apologize in advance if this is too much information, but I have not been so excited to see my period show up since I got it when I was twelve! I started spotting lightly last night, and I held my breath today, and voila, BINGO tonight!

YAY! I'm not a barren reproductive loser after all!!!!!! I'm just kidding, of course, but I was really starting to worry that things weren't okay and that my body hadn't pressed the reset button. My doctor is insistent that I wait two periods to start trying again, so every day that it didn't show up was one day farther away. She had predicted it would show up 2-6 weeks after the miscarriage, and it'll be six weeks exactly on Monday.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to torture me, but I'll take it. P said he hasn't seen me that happy in a long time. Talk about a ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

This week has been pretty awful. I'll spare everyone the details, but I got a HORRIBLE email from my mother Monday night in response to my returning the check. I can't even bring myself to post it in my blog. It's just horrible. I had to move it to another folder in my inbox so I wouldn't see it every time I opened my email. I think it's a safe assumption that I will not be speaking to my mother for quite a long time. P is so angry with her, he immediately applied for a small loan from his 401K so we could finish paying her back for our foundation repairs that we borrowed money from her for two years ago. I can't even say anything about it really, it just upsets me so.

Let's see...what else has gone wrong? Well, the guy that threw me out of his house a month ago is making me absolutely crazy at work. He and his wife are playing the "let's email Erica a million times a day and make her insane" game, and it's just wreaking havoc on my work schedule!

A guy at work asked me this week how pregnancy was going. He obviously hadn't heard about the miscarriage yet. Uh, the fact that I'm not showing wasn't your first clue? I know he felt bad, but sometimes guys are dumb. I would be nearly seventeen weeks by now...definitely in maternity clothes by now.

Oh, and my insurance changed on January 1, so I have to file a bunch of papers with my new carrier before I can see my therapist. I miss her.

My skin is breaking out, but at least now I know why!

I'm craving chocolate like crazy, but at least now I know why!

Tomorrow should be an all right day. I have a team lunch and meeting that will take a few hours and then I can work quietly this weekend. I plan to start Titania tomorrow night, so that'll be fun.

With that, I'm off to bed, but this entry is posted in red JUST FOR AUNT FLO! I want her to feel welcome and show up ON TIME next month! I'm being a gracious hostess!

I love you, Aunt Flo!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, sorry about your ugly week :( I don't know what's wrong with families, but somehow they often have a talent to screw things up, when you need them most.

{{{Hugs}}}

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, sorry about your ugly week :( I don't know what's wrong with families, but somehow they often have a talent to screw things up, when you need them most.

{{{Hugs}}}

5:01 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I'm sorry about your mother, and the crazy man at work...

But (and I never thought I'd say this), I'm happy that you got your aunt flo (or at least you're happy about it! LOL).

Everything will be ok, I'm sure of it.

Lots of {{{hugs}}}

6:55 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Send the client an e-mail and tell him that effecting whenever you're only going to be checking your e-mail once a week on Monday. Maybe that'll slow him down. It's helped me with a couple of clients.

And as for your mom....forward the email to me. I'll reply to it and you won't have to bother about it anymore and it'll give me great pleasure since I cannot reply to the email we received yesterday from butthead monitor Marine. I think it's a great idea about getting 100% out of debt with her.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

(((Erica))) I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is being so difficult. I'll never understand parents sometimes! I agree that if the money is given as a gift, it should have no stipulations. If it does, it's not a gift.

And it's good to hear that your body is getting back to normal...though I don't think I've ever been as excited to get my TOTM as you are today, lol!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((Erica))))) I'm sorry to hear your mom is still distressing you. I know all about mothers saying awful things and am *finally* getting counselling about it. I hope you get the insurance stuff sorted out so you can see your therapist again soon.

Congrats on your body starting to get back on track again; I am glad to hear you are feeling happy today. :)

take care,
Jill in CA

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica
You're mom is looney toons. Don't take anything she says to you to heart. I'll be happy to drive by and kick the crap out of her if you want. I wouldn't even charge you for the gas. HA HA HA HA :-)
However, I am THRILLED that your body is getting back on track. What happy news. I'm tempted to send you gift wrapped tampons just to share in the celebrations. hee hee
Love you tons
Shannie

1:58 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

{{Erika}} Sorry about your mom, I wish you had my mom who is the best! I agree that your crazy man from work needs to be informed that the more time you take dealing with his harassing e-mails the longer it will take you to finish processing his claim. And finally a great big WELCOME BACK AUNT FLO!!!!!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I'm sorry your mom is being such a pill. I think it took a lot of courage for you to return that check, and I'm glad your hubby is supportive of you. Also glad you feel better about your reproductive health.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Glad to see that in spite of your family & the other craziness you've been subjected to that you have found your ray of sunshine. I'll eat some chocolate for you just to be supportive. *G* {{hugs}}

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I am very happy that your body is getting its act together, Erica. That is such a good sign. I am happy that Aunt Flo (I can't believe I just said that LOL) paid a visit to you. Don't stress the other stuff. It is easier said than done but it will make you feel a whole lot better in the end.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Aunt Flo!!
Sorry about the other stuff, I hope your the rest of the month is better.
Stasha

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home