Sunday, December 26, 2004

Deck the Halls with shelves of Dooneys!

Okay, I admit it...I'm shallow! Shopping cheers me up. And today I got to shop! I actually braved the crowds and we sat in about 30 minutes of traffic to get to the one and only Dooney and Bourke store in Dallas to buy my newest additions, courtesy of my father and stepmother!



Actually, the bag (it's called a medium gym bag) is the gift from Dad and S...the wallet is from my company. I used part of the bonus I got from doing pager duty for my company this week. Plus, my little gift card from Dooney helped.

Yup, I admit it...it's juvenile and probably not the most mature or adult bag I could have purchased. P was BEGGING me to get a more sedate signature bag. But I can't help it...I've been drooling over the Hearts line ever since it was released late this summer. It's just so cute! Dad, S, THANK YOU for the great Christmas gift!!!!!

Anyway, it's all switched over, the registration cards are in my mailbox, and the receipts are filed away. I think I am set for a while. I'm supposedly getting another bonus in a few weeks, which I will probably save for another one this spring after their spring line is released...and I promised P that I will get a mature bag, whatever that means. I guess it means no more purses with heart charms. At any rate, I guess this definitely classifies me as a purse addict!

My other purchase was a bottle of jasmine tuberose perfume by Henri Bendel from Bath and Body Works...it smells very nice. (That was also from Dad and S...thank you again!) I also stopped by Kinko's and Wal-Mart to finish kitting up the last of my new projects...Angel of the Sea, Adia, Titania, Three for Tea, Nantucket Rose and the Minstrel. I made all the working copies and picked up what shreds of floss that Wal-Mart had left. If it wasn't on sale for 24 cents, I wouldn't have even bothered. But I think I can supplement what they didn't have from my own stash.

Shopping definitely makes me feel better. I'm quite smiley at the moment. I'm sure it is temporary, but I'll take what I can get. I did promise P that I would at least try to be happier in the weeks coming forward. I'm hitting the gym tomorrow and starting to diet again, so I'm hoping that the endorphins that I'll get from exercise will help. But most of all, I really need to lose a few pounds and slim down. I know that the weight I need to lose is nothing compared to what I've already lost, but ten pounds, believe it or not, feels like a LOT of weight to me right now, especially when I know I won't really start to see it shedding off for a few weeks. But I've got to do it...or else I won't fit into any of my pants soon! And I don't want that. I'm kind of scared to go back to the gym though...I know I'm going to get a lot of questions from the regulars about where I've been for the last three months. Not sure what I'm going to say just yet...I'll think about it tomorrow.

Another thing I'm going to try to do in the coming year is try to stop working so much. These late nights have GOT to stop. Even though I've been sad the last few days, it has been nicer not being so focused on work. Stitching before bed has been a great way to wind down, and I really want to stop giving so much to work and start feeling like I have a life again. So, I'm going to try my best.

I guess you can say that those are my New Year's resolutions for 2005...so I'll go ahead and list them for the record:

-establish a routine of eating healthy and exercising again
-get back to pre-pregnancy weight
-take prenatal vitamins every day
-stop working till all hours of the night
-stitch at least one hour per day
-try to make every day a good day and remember to smile

If I can just concentrate on all of these things and remember to smile, take it one day at a time and be thankful for what I have in life, everything else will fall into place, including my next pregnancy.

Here's hoping anyway!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just a cute bag! If you think it is juvenile, you should see what I'm carrying right now. It's a giraffe back bag for small childredn. But it's just the perfect size and I love it. I'm all for getting even some laughs for things that just make me feel good, however childish or cutesy they are.

--Anu

5:33 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Cute purse Erica!!! And Christmas is behind you! I'm glad you are able to start thinking a little about the future. Here's hoping we all have a happy 2005.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love your new purse, too! And puleese! Don't mess with a purse fiend and her choice of style! LOL Hugz.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

I LOVE the purse, Erica. I saw that one in white during my holiday shopping and thought about you. :) It sounds like you really enjoyed your day. You deserved it. I hope 2005 brings all that you wish for.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your purse is really lovely, tell P he can get you a "mature" one for your 90th b-day (and you don't promise to use it ;)

Your resolutions sound really very reasonable. I hope next year will be good for you {{Hugs}}

4:37 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I have been absent from your blog for a while, and have just now caught up on all the news. I just want to say that I'm sorry for your loss, and I think you're handling it like a trooper!

The bag is perfect! I don't like mature bags either. Mine, though not a D&B, has a gal with a couple of sparkly cocktails on it! I think it's about personalization and showing the world who you are. Stay cheered, stay strong, stay healthy, and everything will work out for the best! Sending you hugs.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I don't think it's juvenile! I love D&B Charm bags and also their new Square Heart ones. I think I've carried their heart ones in every color it comes, A black bucket tote, a raspberry dome satchel, and a white top zip flap bag! Love them Dooneys!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Scully said...

All the best for the New Year for you! It looks like you seem to have a good plan for the coming year. I like the bag too, and at your age I don't think you need to get 'mature' bags yet! Heck I'm 31 and one of my best pressies for Christmas was a cuddly bunny toy! Enjoy being young...we have a long time to go before we get old. :)

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home